PDA

View Full Version : nearby events ?

waxman
12-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Good morning, This is a great site. I have had my 22 for 5 yrs.and run the lakes in Texas. Does anyone know of Donzi events nearby. I ran into a Baja event a couple of months ago. Got a lot of stares (they don't get it I guess)

Last Tango
12-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the board, Waxman.
Actually There is some sort of Possum thing that happens in Texas. Search the events here and you will find it. Also you are fotunate to be in the same home state as Harbormaster, who owns this board.

waxman
12-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Hey thanks Mark, Looks like I missed it in Sept. I will look for it next time.
Don

roadtrip se
12-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Happens every year around the end of September at Bass Hollow on the Graham side of Possum Kingdom.

Very casual. All boat types welcome. Great food and great people.

This year was the first time we had been back in several years.
Had a ball tormenting the one poor Baja guy, 29 twins, that showed up for a quiet weekend to be surprised by us taking over "his" quiet place.

The on-water exchange..

Baja guy.. "Now how in the heck is tht little dinky 18 Donzi kicking my respective butt?"

Donzi guy... "Oh life is good, Baja boy is behind us, now where did that cruiser come from in front of us .... Whheeee!"

C'mon out in September, 2008. Did I mention the great food and the company?

waxman
12-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks Roadtrip, I just checked out the chamber of commerce site in Possum Kingdom. Looks like a great lake and sounds like a blast. That Baja event I ran into kinda made me feel like I was pulling into a Chevrolet dealership in a Ferrari. At least y'all will understand.
Don

SilverBack
12-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Does anyone know the exact dates yet? Who actually coordinates this event?

farmer tx
01-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Sept. 19th-21st 2008, Bass Hallow reasort. Possum Kingdom Lake.