PDA

View Full Version : LE18 made it home safe and sound !!!

Lenny
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Yippee. Xmas arrived unscathed. A quick recap of the event.
Got up at 5am this morning. Drove to the Ferry to get off this Island and travel South to the Border into the USA (Bellingham to be exact) 30 minutes after the 2 hour Ferry ride. No problems at the Border cuz I put my hair in a pony tail and hid it from sight. I usually spend about an hour in a room by myself everytime I cross. :rolleyes: Continued on to Bellingham (USA) and met my Tractor trailer fella (Terry) + or - 5 minutes from being on PERFECT time. We proceeded to unload the trailer via Travelift, I hooked it up, put (illegal) plates on it :D , and drove North 30 minutes back to our Border. Had few problems there other than NOT having the Certificate of Origin for the trailer. A quick call to Buizilla and he had it in hand and faxed it to the Customs folks and I paid my taxes and all was good. Drove back to the Ferry terminal to get back to our Island (Vancouver Island, 300 miles long, 75 miles wide) and missed my reservation. Had to wait another 2 hours to leave (next boat) but that was OK cuz I ran into a buddy from Town who just flew in from Ft. Myers and he gave me a six-pack :D to pass the time. Got on the 5pm sailing to Victoria, arrived at 6:35pm, drove towards home for 40 minutes and Voila !!! . 9 days and 3200 miles later it now will spend the rest of its' life in cooler temperatures and less salty water. (Might suffer a bit of shrinkage actually :D )
Thanx Jim for all the help. I am leaving it covered for a few days as I have to go to "a different Island" tomorrow and install three bathrooms, a kitchen, utility room, and a library over the Season.

By the way, Miami to Bellingham Washington (3200 miles) $2290

Best wishes to you and Janice and all.
Thanx again ;)

...and NO, my dog is NOT doing that. Bad pic ;)
Lenny

Donzi Racer
12-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Yippee. Xmas arrived unscathed. A quick recap of the event.
Got up at 5am this morning. Drove to the Ferry to get off this Island and travel South to the Border into the USA (Bellingham to be exact) 30 minutes after the 2 hour Ferry ride. No problems at the Border cuz I put my hair in a pony tail and hid it from sight. I usually spend about an hour in a room by myself everytime I cross. :rolleyes: Continued on to Bellingham (USA) and met my Tractor trailer fella (Terry) + or - 5 minutes from being on PERFECT time. We proceeded to unload the trailer via Travelift, I hooked it up, put (illegal) plates on it :D , and drove North 30 minutes back to our Border. Had few problems there other than NOT having the Certificate of Origin for the trailer. A quick call to Buizilla and he had it in hand and faxed it to the Customs folks and I paid my taxes and all was good. Drove back to the Ferry terminal to get back to our Island (Vancouver Island, 300 miles long, 75 miles wide) and missed my reservation. Had to wait another 2 hours to leave (next boat) but that was OK cuz I ran into a buddy from Town who just flew in from Ft. Myers and he gave me a six-pack :D to pass the time. Got on the 5pm sailing to Victoria, arrived at 6:35pm, drove towards home for 40 minutes and Voila !!! . 9 days and 3200 miles later it now will spend the rest of its' life in cooler temperatures and less salty water. (Might suffer a bit of shrinkage actually :D )
Thanx Jim for all the help. I am leaving it covered for a few days as I have to go to "a different Island" tomorrow and install three bathrooms, a kitchen, utility room, and a library over the Season.

By the way, Miami to Bellingham Washington (3200 miles) $2290

Best wishes to you and Janice and all.
Thanx again ;)

...and NO, my dog is NOT doing that. Bad pic ;)
Lenny

Lenny, thanks for getting that boat out of Florida, where it does not tempt me too much. I wish he still had his Minx, that is the one I really wanted. never the right time.
Great pics, the boat we took from Seattle a few years back, is it similar to the one you used to get the boat and vehicle back to Victoria? The one we took was like a 45 mph large boat with tables and seats like an airplane. Don't remember if it took cars or not.
Lastly, the shipping seemed very reasonable considering. When we came out there to pick up our Motor Coach a few years back, they wanted $1750 -$2500 to bring it down to Florida from Spokane and of course I thought I would go out and save a bundle, and do it myself. HA! Other than getting to show Rose Victoria, I would have been tickled to get it back there for $2500. Believe it or not the generator had 50 hours on it when we picked it up and had over 250 hours on it when we reached Florida. Congrats on a great Donzi & we will be thinking kindly of you in January thru April while we are out on the boats here in Florida wishing you were here. Best Holliday wishes for you and yours, Tom & Rose

Lenny
12-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanx Man ... :yes: :yes: :yes:
Very Much, Lenny and Deneen.
(no, that 45 MPH thing is the FAST CAT to Seattle. http://www.clippervacations.com/ ) We were on the Canada to Canada one (Swartz Bay to Tsawassen,) http://www.bcferries.com/ in other words, this Island to Vancouver (the Mainland, ... North America, still Canada) Ferry Terminal. By the way, We are the second largest Ferry fleet on planet Earth. Soooo many Islands... :) 700 actually on the WEST Coast and about 30+ served by semi-hourly Ferries.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?mo=ma&un=m&go=1&1c=Victoria&1g=c9jcNxwxkQxjaFiTFUgeGg%3d%3d&2a=%5b700%2d773%5d%20Coho%20Way&1l=oOkxujLPAbRZFqIpEaZVZg%3d%3d&2c=Bellingham&cl=EN&1n=Capital&2g=moyjZ27y4n7lPdF7tc4qcg%3d%3d&qq=8sZ2eXZGPCHttSjZxoXiHkEUu11DxbVweW%252fK1JqauQ3 eHAdVgueF%252fQv8l5ovjSlux9aip9GxAPxeUo0ozMioR3pEm oqCPO3kzxI8wrmdZ7KRwUm1TpYLFO%252f%252f6eH9rTObY5q Z7PXIewT5vikWitw3IS%252fT3UAdiws6FOp6dEpZjf4Lf3LeJ 1mg5LOj8Agf7OplhS8M2cWwYGz57Mf%252fWBxvLevtMLZg%25 2bdPI3SEw04sP60kwpvPBN0o0%252foymuoFbiLiedvYvMWJJx IgDu3x3Sv0gmPiX%252bAjsHI6fHzeNgxxV8o7T7W1C%252bZB iOvOMVD4RSPzlX1x4pOjnvLhbs%252b8SsmWvJkpcBvkV96zpP TFS0xYJYvvleQsWrmlEkE71fCoGAKWyoF7%252fxrsInrpJjya mSzX9aQJBRF2joLfFeIsiYJkCH2LrB8VfhhHROA%253d%253d&1s=BC&2l=A%2bRtEOQu5dH6faeLvWLupw%3d%3d&ct=NA&1v=CITY&2n=WHATCOM%20COUNTY&r=f&1y=CA&2s=WA&2v=STREET&2y=US&2z=98225&rsres=1&dtype=

harbormaster
12-18-2007, 05:13 AM
Its amazing how much of a hassle they give you over a damn traler and they do not give the boat a second look. Lenny, Canadian authorities, and trailer trailers seem vaguely familiar... Hmmm.

CHACHI
12-18-2007, 05:48 AM
When I sold my 1987 Minx to a gentleman out of Toronto, the first words out of his mouth was "how old is the trailer and do you have a title for it."
The boat was secondary.
Ken

MOP
12-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Lenny I know you are salivating looking forward to spring, enjoy as I know you will!

Cuda
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Lenny, thanks for getting that boat out of Florida, where it does not tempt me too much. I wish he still had his Minx, that is the one I really wanted. never the right time.
Catch 22's dad has it, and if he ever parts with it, I GUARANTEE it will be back in S Florida at Catch's house. He loves that boat! I salivated over it myself, and Jim told me he thought the 18 was even nicer!

Great boat Lenny, I'm surprised Jim got off it.

penbroke
12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Nice ride! Enjoy...

Frank :cool:

BigGrizzly
12-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Glad it mad it to its new home safely. Check has arrived. Enjoy that boat and have fun with that beautiful and talanted lady of yours, Deneen.

BUIZILLA
12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
:garfield:

Forrest
12-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Congrats Lenny, it looks like a keeper!

Donzi Racer
12-19-2007, 04:24 PM
When I sold my 1987 Minx to a gentleman out of Toronto, the first words out of his mouth was "how old is the trailer and do you have a title for it."
The boat was secondary.
Ken
Ken we just talked to a guy north of toronto that had a minx. His was a very nice red one. Was that one yours? Tom

Donzi Racer
12-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Catch 22's dad has it, and if he ever parts with it, I GUARANTEE it will be back in S Florida at Catch's house. He loves that boat! I salivated over it myself, and Jim told me he thought the 18 was even nicer!

Great boat Lenny, I'm surprised Jim got off it.

Well I have only seen pics of that Minx but it would be Impossible for it to better than the 18 as that 18 was UNREAL Clean! & Fast Too. I just like the Minx boat better for boating down where we are in Florida, than the 18. I also wish I had been flush when George Carters Minx was for sale. Although I would have had a heart attack if I would have put a mark on either of those Minx's. I like 7 to 8 condition levels where I can go crazy & not worry. Too much! ha ha YEE HIIIII Tom

Cuda
12-19-2007, 08:11 PM
That Minx looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

CHACHI
12-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Ken we just talked to a guy north of toronto that had a minx. His was a very nice red one. Was that one yours? Tom
Tom, no mine was Honey Brown/Blue. A guy named Joe Stigler AKA Chop purchased it. It is now calling the Muskoka area home.
Tim Morris, AKA Tim Morris on the board has a red /white one and he keeps his in Orillia.
Here are a couple shots of my old Minx.
Ken

TXDONZI
12-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Lenny when are you going to post some pics of the girl unclothed? Black, Blue and Chrome are my favorite colors.

Lenny
12-22-2007, 07:33 PM
Lenny when are you going to post some pics of the girl unclothed? Black, Blue and Chrome are my favorite colors.

I am trying to find a "way" of actually using this thing. I can NOT believe how perfect this boat is. There is not a mark on it anywhere. Other than a 1/4" ding by the bow eye. Nothing. Like it just popped out of the mold. I can't right now even justify in my head driving down the road with it let alone dipping it into the water and using bumpers and tying it up...

Give me time :)

Lenny
12-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Here ya go...

TXDONZI
12-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Beautiful boat!!! I take it this one it the 87 Alpha drive boat in your list?

The Hedgehog
01-05-2008, 09:36 AM
That is a really nice looking boat Lenny. I would love to see some more pics.

BTW, I would like to hear more about your Konrad project.

Lenny
01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I'll take more pics when it is not overcast outside. It is sleeping in its heated garage and I am scared to get water on it :rolleyes: Haven't even hooked the battery back up or turned the fuel back on yet. I wish it was NOT so nice and I might be more tempted to use. I can't imagine what is going to happen to me mentally when it finally gets a piece of dock rash or something :eek:

I am looking for a KONRAD (preferably not new) to fill in a TRS hole in an 18. I have a motor ready to go already for this project. I am now officially full up with DONZI's and no more storage available for 'em inside.

Gotta get the bench(s) done and gone.

The Hedgehog
01-05-2008, 11:13 AM
:eek!:
I'll take more pics when it is not overcast outside. It is sleeping in its heated garage and I am scared to get water on it :rolleyes: Haven't even hooked the battery back up or turned the fuel back on yet. I wish it was NOT so nice and I might be more tempted to use. I can't imagine what is going to happen to me mentally when it finally gets a piece of dock rash or something :eek:
I am looking for a KONRAD (preferably not new) to fill in a TRS hole in an 18. I have a motor ready to go already for this project. I am now officially full up with DONZI's and no more storage available for 'em inside.
Gotta get the bench(s) done and gone.

I can relate to the full up on Donzi's:eek!:

You got a serious 350 to put in front of that drive?

gold-n-rod
01-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Lenny when are you going to post some pics of Chrome unclothed?

Yikes!!!!! NO THANKS!!!! :smash::smash::smash:

DONZI
01-05-2008, 11:35 AM
I am trying to find a "way" of actually using this thing. I can NOT believe how perfect this boat is. There is not a mark on it anywhere. Other than a 1/4" ding by the bow eye. Nothing. Like it just popped out of the mold. I can't right now even justify in my head driving down the road with it let alone dipping it into the water and using bumpers and tying it up...
Give me time :)
Black is sooo tough to keep dock rash off of !
The fender themselves leave minor rashing. It is well worth the investment of buying the fleece covers for the fenders.

http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse.cfm/4,10243.htm

http://www.mainecoastmarineproducts.com/fender-covers.shtml

Lenny
01-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I would love to see some more pics.

Done. Seems there is a smear in the center of my lens tho :(

All inspected today and time for some fun. Trailer is now licensed in Canada. :)

Oh, and now that I have bounced the right rubrail off of a hydro pole and tore the right fender off in a bad turn, I can say, that I am now ok to "use" it :D

(kidding Jim, kidding... :) )

Trueser
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Lenny,
Very Nice...
Does the trailer need to be under the transom, Or are you ok on the 18?

Lenny
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Float on, deep submersion, no problems. There is not even a scrape/scratch or anything on the bottom of this boat. Nothing. :)

Nor, will there ever be. :D

chappy
01-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I've seen toddlers strapped in car seats with less care. That ride is beyond sharp. :worthy:

BUIZILLA
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't know whether to smile or cry...

Brian Freeman
01-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Jim are you OK? Why are you selling all of your donzi boats? You had some of the nicest donzi boats I have ever seen.........

BUIZILLA
01-07-2008, 09:08 PM
re-aligning the inventory Brian.....

YOU need to buy my Cary... :wink:

Brian Freeman
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Jim if I bought another boat my wife would have me committed....................

But the Cary is a beautiful boat....................

What happend to the Black Criterion?

BUIZILLA
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
you NEED the Cary...

black Critter is in the hospital for a transplant :wink: prognosis is VERY good, should be ready for Lake George event...

thriller
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Lenny
Looks like your last photos were taken in Ardmore? Did you get over to Piers Island for a fly-by??
MM

The Hedgehog
01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
That is a beautiful boat Lenny. Thanks for the pics. I would be scared to drive in. Well maybe not. It would hard not to want to be seen in that.

Now what about that 350 and Konrad? You going to put some hp on that combo?

Lenny
01-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Lenny
Looks like your last photos were taken in Ardmore? Did you get over to Piers Island for a fly-by??
MM

End of my driveway Mike...

Lenny
01-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Now what about that 350 and Konrad? You going to put some hp on that combo?

470 HP--- done. Drive needed. Used Konrad is the gig. Magoo is helping me out. :)

The Hedgehog
01-09-2008, 08:35 AM
470 HP--- done. Drive needed. Used Konrad is the gig. Magoo is helping me out. :)

470, that is hot. Very nice. That will be a screamer.

osur866
01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
470, that is hot. Very nice. That will be a screamer.
more like 2 hands full :eek!:

The Hedgehog
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
more like 2 hands full :eek!:

Yes sir. It sounds like you and I will be way behind him in our 18's. It also sounds like I will be about 5 mph behind you.