PDA

View Full Version : Hey Harbormaster!

DonziFreak
12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Scot,

I know that you probaly need support for this site, so I got to thinking, and a little idea popped into my head. If you can have some small decals made up for this site, I would have no problem throwing em on both our race boats for next year....I think it would definatly help get some new people to the site, since the only people really around the racing are boat lovers, and I would be 100% willing to just throw em on there for nothing in return, since being part of this community is already enough!

Carlos

DonziFreak
12-18-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm surprised no one has said anything abou this idea....

DonziFreak
12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
haha....I'll have to take a tape measurer to it, just wanted to know if anyone was intrested, lol! I can't go massive or anything, because I have to keep the sponsors happy and kiss some ass.....but I can probaly do something around 2-4 inches high and 5-7 inches long.......maybe a little bigger, it depends on what the decals look like and what kinda shape they have.....do you have any pictures of how they would look? that would give me a better idea

DonziFreak
12-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Sounds like a plan! Something rectangular would be perfect, or something kinda like a oaval with some slanted graphics? Hmmm....I should photoshop a prototype and post it up and see what kinda opinions we get....I would like everyones opinion on this since this would be representing the enitre registry and everone on it....

DonziFreak
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I like that idea.....

What about Donzi written in a nice hand, slanted upwards from left to right and .net next to it and "Rockin The Web Since '97" underneath it with a nice oval backround, maybe even with a donzi running in the backround? or maybe just a solid color in a oval shape?

glashole
12-19-2007, 07:08 AM
if you want I can probably put one on my race bus too

I have approx. 40 ft x 5ft down the one side............:)

Marlin275
12-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Round Donzi propeller logo, with www.donzi.net on top, Rocking the web since 1997 on the bottom. Top and bottom lines curved to make the overall deckel an oval shape...???

Sorta
like this ?

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33295&d=1198091027

glashole
12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I obviously have no say in this but what about just the Donzi.net in bold letters like the top of the page and have "the donzi registry" underneath :)

its right to the point and
clear enough to read and gives people something to see and remember

I would leave the 1997 out as it does nothing for the add
and the prop clutters up a moving object

just my opinion

Shea

Marlin275
12-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Hmm, very cool.. I was thinking a football shape with the prop logo in the center, and Donzi . net across the top, Rocking the web since 1997 on the bottom following the footballs curve.. Or, flip them, Dnet on the bottom if it looks better..

More like this oval?

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33296&d=1198095486

Carl C
12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
The oval ZR logo is very cool and I'd like one for my truck's back window. However, the offered space on the race boats is not huge and I'd suggest forgoing any logo and just printing www.donzi.net (http://www.donzi.net) to make it more visable. Just my 2 cents.

DonziFreak
12-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Well, even tho it's not a huge space, it definatly will stand out. On our 45, the boat itself is so small that anything on it really stands out, especialy when its in the pits with the fans walking around and getting up close. If I had a much more massive boat, then yes, I would say "just send me something that says donzi.net" but anything really stands out. Its all about placement.

Carl C
12-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Well I was just going to delete my post because it didn't seem like such a good idea after all! :hangum: You're kind to offer the space and I'm sure they'll come up with a cool decal.:cool:

vonkamp
12-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I would put one on my truck window too! :yes:

DonziFreak
12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Well I was just going to delete my post because it didn't seem like such a good idea after all! :hangum: You're kind to offer the space and I'm sure they'll come up with a cool decal.:cool:

Don't worry about it Carl, everyone is entittled to their opinion on this subject because, as I said before, this is going to represent the community and everyone that is a part of it!

DonziFreak
12-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I would put one on my truck window too! :yes:

Maybe someone should start making and selling bumper stickers? :rolleyes:

Rob M
12-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Magneto Font Italic -
Traditional bold red Donzi "deck" stripe to underscore text

harbormaster
12-20-2007, 03:24 AM
Looks good Rob.
I am partial to the Lion/Dolphin logo.
a round sticker would go alot of places. You guys decide on a design you that you want and we can have them made. I will probably mail them out to paid supporters and anyone else who sends in a self addressed stamped envelope.

Team Jefe
12-26-2007, 06:46 AM
I too like the D&L Round logo, but like others have said, it may be good to focus on the WWW.DONZI.NET piece...especially for objects moving at race speeds.

Heck, make me up a www. and .net part and I'll stick it before and after the logo on the MEGA's back glass.

with that in mind a www. {Donzi letters with the Z logo} .net would look nice on a race boat. I know the classic guys wouldn't nessesarily like it, but it is pretty cool and eye-catching.

a few more 2-cents wroth...before long you'll have a dollar:wink:

DonziFreak
12-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Well, I took the boat testing last Sunday, and early indications is this is gonna be one rough year.....so, lets atleast put a good sticker on the boat and maybe people will focus less on the crappy driver and more on how pretty it is.....lol

DonziFreak
12-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I was thinking of something along these lines.....keep in mind, this isn't the one I'm actualy proposing, but similar in design!

Last Tango
12-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Personally, I love MARLIN275's drawing in post #14 on this thread. I would easily put that on "victory row" of my current stickers on my Donzi 22ZX. Perhaps 3" high and 5" wide, mylar "out-sie." Be sure the ink doesn't rub off with a washing. LOL!
I'd buy at least 3 or more of those. One for the JEEP, one for the boat, and one for spare.

DonziFreak
01-09-2008, 07:52 AM
I didn't want to let this idea die out. We are currently in the process of painting the new boat and it looks gorgeous! We might have a little more space available than originaly anticipated, but either way, lets atleast come up with a sticker that we can just print to size when the time comes! :wink:

Carl C
01-09-2008, 08:16 AM
One thing comes to mind when looking at these submissions and that is that most people will think that this is Donzi's web site. How can it be made clear that this is NOT donzi's web site but a forum for owners and fans of Donzi powerboats? Maybe something like "Donzi.net, where Donzi owners have been hanging out since 1997.":alligator

DonziFreak
01-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Or maybe use The Donzi Registry instead of donzi.net? I mean, if ya google Donzi Registry, you do get the forum.

DonziFreak
01-09-2008, 08:20 AM
How much you gonna end up charging me Poodle? I hope its not like the 4k that guy payed for that R/C V-12.....:biggrin.:

Marlin275
01-09-2008, 09:28 AM
My fault, I didn't follow up with Marlin to see if he can do a rendering for me to take to the printer.. I'll do the deckels if he can, and they will be available through the board, and also as during a contest or three we might have coming up this year..

I can render any file format
Lets get her done

I made the ZR slightly larger
to balance the design better

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33529&d=1199892679

vonkamp
01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I like that!!

I'll take a dozen....:yes::yes:

DonziFreak
01-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Haha...I'm looking foward to putting a few of those on our boats then! :biggrin.:

DonziFreak
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Whats the latest on this? The idea still or alive or is it dead in the water?

DonziFreak
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
What are the planned dimensions?