PDA

View Full Version : Rough morning

Cuda
12-16-2007, 02:40 PM
About 6 this morning, my weather warning radio went off three times in 20 minutes, with tornado warnings. I stayed up, listening to the the thunder, and one I thought must have been very close, because I felt my house shake. Just before daylight, I walked in my dining room, and couldn't see out of it, because two big branched off the oak tree next to the canal had blown off, and landed on my house. It was still dark, I couldn't find a flashlight, so I didn't know if it hurt my house or not. Turns out, just the tops hit my roof, and one shingle was damaged. My BBQ grill was wiped out though.
My neighbor, Pete, came over and cut the tree out. I was afraid he'd have the tree fall on him, it was in a very bad position. I had to tie my four wheeler to the tree with one of my dock lines, and pull the main part that was holding it up, while Pete used the chain saw on it.
After we got the tree down, I had to run an errand, when I got home, my other neighbor, Brady, was coming across the road with a ladder and a blower strapped to his back. To blow my roof off.

I couldn't ask for better neighbors!

Btw, the power was out for six hours.:(

RedDog
12-16-2007, 05:40 PM
I spent the morning cutting a tree off of a neighbor's roof. A hole here and there and a crunched eve. Spread tarps over it to keep the rain out of the house. The thing is the neighbor doesn't even know it happened. We think they may be in New Mexico for a while? Haven't seen them in a week or so...

Lenny
12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Wild Joe. I guess you always have to keep your eyes open down there.

Paradise pretty much tho :yes:

Just a few nastys every once in a while.