PDA

View Full Version : Boat Moving/Hauling done right... These guys are GOOD

Lenny
12-15-2007, 07:02 PM
As Buizilla can attest, these folks seem to have their **** together.

I am going to try and get them to "Advertise" here on this site, (support Scot) but in the meantime, and it is a weekend, I will just post a link to them.

This has been a headache free Boat movement of over 3200 miles...

They care.

http://www.360boattransport.com/

BUIZILLA
12-15-2007, 07:10 PM
it's not there yet... :crossfing:

Lenny
12-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Within a 100 miles tho :D

If I was doing it I would still be stuck in the FIRST bar on my way DOWN to Miami, let alone almost back... ;)

BUIZILLA
12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
kitchen's been done...

we do need a couple new bath's done though :yes:

p729lws
12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Hopefully they kept your boat a bit further from the runway... :eek!::eek!:
http://www.360boattransport.com/gallery/c5.jpg

That photo looks like it was taken in my back yard.......

zelatore
12-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Well then - since they come so highly recomended I've just sent off a request for a quote to move an Albin 35 from San Diego to Anchorage. Let's see what they have to say.

I can always use another trucker.

BUIZILLA
12-16-2007, 06:25 AM
FWIW, the contracted company that is actually moving the boat only has 10 big rigs, and is based in NC right across the street from Grady White, they exclusively deliver Grady's with a fill in or two depending on drop location, we were a single fill in with 2 Grady's to Seattle. Worked out perfect. They used to haul for the beaker boat group, until the beakers got greedy and did it themselves, and promptly lost money doing it cause they had no backhaul's... anywho, the main broker in this haul is based out of Texas and their communication level between boat owner/buyer/broker/hauler/driver is seamless, EVERYBODY has 10 fingers showing on the table, and EVERYBODY in the process know's who's doing what, and when, and why, and where, so we'll see the results tomorrow but it's been darn pretty impressive so far... the broker/driver insisted we take pic's of the *before shipped* and *loading process* for reference, I thought this in itself was exemplary. The driver that showed at my place only does east coast runs, Fla to Maine weekly, they have other specific drivers for west coast runs.

Lenny
12-16-2007, 02:43 PM
:) :) :)

Boat transport just called me. All is good. Boat is in Northern Oregon and moving. Next stop Seattle, then to me. Then one Grady White going into Vancouver. Great play by play.

Then, about 10 minutes later, "Terry" (truck driver) called me to chat about the trip and all. Seems he beat the storms and managed to stay ahead of em all down there, (he said God Bless Sattelite radio :) ) Mentioned that Wyoming was extreme, :( but all is good :D.

Tomorrow at noon my Xmas present shows up :)

Cuda
12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I was talking with Catch 22 today, and he brought up the question with the very cold weather blast, if it was winterized before shipping?

Lenny
12-16-2007, 07:58 PM
I was talking with Catch 22 today, and he brought up the question with the very cold weather blast, if it was winterized before shipping?

CUDA, no it wasn't. Never crossed my mind. I will fire it up tomorrow night and make sure all is good. If NOT, ... I have 4 SBC motors on the shop floor for it :D