PDA

View Full Version : 22zx fuel filter

brwn234
12-15-2007, 11:01 AM
This fall when winterizing my 22zx I fogged the engine by removing the fuel filter and filling it part way full with 2 cycle oil. When I went to start the Bravo I 7.4 MPI back up it stumbled for a bit and then died. It did this for a long time and would never run on for longer than 10 seconds. I figure it was air in the line, kinda like a vapor lock. I remembered a valve on the end of the fuel rail and decide to try and release some air and try that. I just put a rag over the valve and pushed the core in. It worked, motor ran fine. Is this normal? Is there any better/cleaner way to release the air in the line without spilling fuel everywhere? Also I wanna make sure all of the air is out of there so I dont loose any performance. Thanks

BUIZILLA
12-15-2007, 12:43 PM
I had a 7.4 MPI and always had to bleed the rail if I as much as even loosened the filter. If you change it out, fill it to the top, and cycle the key 4-5 times before cranking, while bleeding the rail, if you don't it will NOT suck and start on it's own, no matter what. :smash: :doh:

JH

brwn234
12-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Anybody got a better way to bleed the fuel rail rather than using a rag and screwdriver tip?

RedDog
12-24-2007, 07:12 AM
I have never had to bleed my 502 MPI. It fires up smoothly every time I have changed the fuel filter.