PDA

View Full Version : crossing the line.....

gold-n-rod
12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
OK, I have issues with certain banner ads here.

First off, I am no prude. Fact is, I'm probably in the 99th percentile for liberalism.

2nd of all. I do like to look at female skin.

That said, how in the hell am I supposed to visit donzi.net at work when there are banner ads featuring unclothed women?

It's all up to me. If I am looking at a "hobby site" during work hours (I'm not forbidden) and someone comes into my office and sees what's on the screen.... is offended...... and raises hell....... I'm in trouble. So, I guess I don't look, right?

And the site is concerned enough about language to install a profanity blocker?

Jesus ****ing christ. :smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

rustnrot
12-13-2007, 06:47 PM
I bet I'm more liberal than you are!!! Actually I'm a strict constitutionalist but these days that seems to come across as liberal...ooops, no politics I will stop right there.

I always thought that particular banner ad (which has been there for years methinks) was pretty clever. There is no way any hetero male can keep his eyes from automatically going to it! (time after time in my case).

Doesn't bother me but I don't have a real job either....

Bob
12-13-2007, 09:05 PM
"It's all up to me. If I am looking at a "hobby site" during work hours (I'm not forbidden) and someone comes into my office and sees what's on the screen.... is offended...... and raises hell....... I'm in trouble. So, I guess I don't look, right?"

All of my hobbys seem to get me in trouble.:eek:

Lenny
12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Jesus ****ing christ. :smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

Randy, monies from advertising help support the site. Until Scot can get enough from the folks that frequent it 24/7/365 to help in his endeavour I don't see how any of this can even be commented on...

By the way, did you see this post ?

http://www.donzi.net/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=116

:D

roadtrip se
12-13-2007, 09:45 PM
and this ad isn't anything more extreme than you see in a grocery checkout line from the likes of Cosmo and other mags, I wouldn't do business with this company just because I have seen the same stupid banner ad up there for months.

How about something new and at the same time, perhaps a little more tasteful? We're numb here okay. What a yawner.

p729lws
12-13-2007, 11:00 PM
You guy's must me getting a better version of Donzi.net than I'm getting:confused: You're not talking about the Lakeside ad are you?

Dan

DonziChick
12-16-2007, 08:14 PM
I have to agree. I'm not offended but it does make me feel bad about looking at the site with ads like that at work.

gero1
12-17-2007, 10:48 PM
bring her back