PDA

View Full Version : Barcodes.....

Donziweasel
12-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Implememting this new pass system for my clients. I purchased 3300.00 worth of the technology and all I have so far is a big fat ****ing headache. Please someone put me out of my misery!:bonk:

cutwater
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
John, which system did you end up going with? Is the hardware not working, or is it just integrating it into reporting software that's the problem?

Donziweasel
12-14-2007, 07:36 AM
I went with Card Five design program, Zebra card printer and Metrologic data collection terminals. The data collection terminals came with an optimizer disk that seems to do nothing and no instructions. Although the collection terminals read the bar codes I created and printed, I can not figure out how to download the info to my computer or program the collection terminals to accept certain codes and not accept others. Hmmmm...............

I have spent the last 3 days printing over 1000 passes. Burned out!

cutwater
12-14-2007, 09:07 AM
After you've exhausted all tech support options that came with the software, if worse comes to worse you might just want to look at learning Perl or Python. It's pretty easy to do simple but powerful scripting, or you could pay someone to do it. This will be the easiest way to manipulate your data, and you could then import it into excel or some other reporting software. Just a thought. This should be your last option though, because the software you bought should come with decent tech support since it's used by businesses.

VetteLT193
12-16-2007, 09:39 AM
which metrologic unit did you get?