PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Donzi Sportsman.

Scott Pearson
12-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Man...I cant give it away.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Donzi-Sportsman-Rare-find_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26432QQihZ017QQite mZ270196278717QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

DON N.
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
SCOTT THINK MAYBE SOME CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS & LIGHTS WOULD HELP YOU SELL IT:propeller: ?

DonziFreak
12-14-2007, 07:20 AM
I'd jump all over it if I had a place to keep it and a way to get it here.......grrrr.......

cutwater
12-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Scott, it really is a beautiful boat and if I were closer to you and had a trailer to fit it I'd buy it... I've got a 29' Chris Craft semi-enclosed that I could barely give away, but then people starting calling from even as far as the opposite coast wanting to buy it, now nothing again. The big boats are awesome but it's hard to find the right buyer. Don't give up, and don't give it away.

DonziChris
12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Sure would think someone would jump all over this for the price. Good luck !
Chris

penbroke
12-14-2007, 05:31 PM
A giveaway price for sure. I love your ad too.

Good luck. She deserves a good home.

Frank

Lenny
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I've always liked Scotts descriptions of "things". The best would have to be the "scoop" on the 18 of Moody Blues.

I p i s s e d myself over that one 5-6 years ago.

You can transport this thing for reasonable money. $3500 (extra over asking price) would put it almost ANYWHERE in North America.

chappy
12-15-2007, 12:52 PM
I was watching A & E's City Confidential about Don Aronow last night, and saw a boat that looked very similar to this one right before the first segment with Brownie being interviewed. Anyone know if that was indeed a Sportsman? Sorry for the hijack. Good luck with the sale, I would think the hull alone would be worth bidding on for such a rare piece of offshore history.:cool:

Scott Pearson
02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
This boat is back on ebay. $1,000...its a steal! Come Get it!

Donzi Racer
02-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Scott, would you be able to keep it there for a while while I figure a way to get it south?
Any ideas for getting it hauled?
Mike get that Lean Too ready. ha ha
This would be after the barrel back.

Tom

Donzi Racer
02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I was watching A & E's City Confidential about Don Aronow last night, and saw a boat that looked very similar to this one right before the first segment with Brownie being interviewed. Anyone know if that was indeed a Sportsman? Sorry for the hijack. Good luck with the sale, I would think the hull alone would be worth bidding on for such a rare piece of offshore history.:cool:

Chappy, I hope you taped that program. Would like to have a copy. Tom

BUIZILLA
02-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Scott, would you be able to keep it there for a while while I figure a way to get it south?
Any ideas for getting it hauled?
Mike get that Lean Too ready. ha ha
This would be after the barrel back. Tom I think he WANTS it gone.... like NOW.. :smash:

Lenny
02-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Chappy, same boat but a modified deck. I would love to see the progress on Shabas's now. I talked to him in Sarasota in September. Seems like a really cool project.

cutwater
02-11-2008, 12:12 AM
This breaks my heart. Somebody from the board who has storage space needs to get this boat. If I were closer it would be mine.

chappy
02-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Chappy, I hope you taped that program. Would like to have a copy. Tom

Didn't tape it, I have it on DVD. I would assume many board members have it as well, I remember a thread years ago where someone was going to make copies for board members. It was given to me as a gift, not sure where it was purchased though. I don't want to take any more spotlight off of Scott's Sportsman ad, shoot me a pm and I'll get you a copy.:shades:

Donzi Racer
02-11-2008, 10:44 AM

Does anyone know how much this beast weighs? Anyone got a trailer we can borrow? anywhere from florida to where it is located? Will give anyone that can help free rides for life! Tom

cutwater
02-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know how much this beast weighs? Anyone got a trailer we can borrow? anywhere from florida to where it is located? Will give anyone that can help free rides for life! Tom

Tom,

I'm in Knoxville and run in some of the same circles as David. Shoot me a PM if you might be interested in going in on this. I could probably find some storage room here in Knoxville and it's a shorter haul to here, but I can't really help with the trailer situation.

tom freeman
02-11-2008, 08:06 PM
i have an interest, i have a storage site, it is getting it to Miami, I have no clue how to get it here. If I could get it on a trailer and have it hauled down I'd buy it but I cannot figure that whole process out logistically.

Donzi Racer
02-11-2008, 08:25 PM
i have an interest, i have a storage site, it is getting it to Miami, I have no clue how to get it here. If I could get it on a trailer and have it hauled down I'd buy it but I cannot figure that whole process out logistically.

I have the truck, and some $ and a potential partner in Tenn. Now what I need Tom is a trailer some more money for resto and a partner in florida that wants it for around 3 or 4 months a year. By the time we are done we may have to sell 12 time shares on it.
Now Scott, it is getting close to boating weather and you ahve serious interest. Jim, don't you know someone with a trailer? I know, the trailer is going to cost more than the Boat. No offence Scott. It is a great ole boat. They came and got my '68 barrel back today. On it's way to Sweden. I will miss the old girl. 40 years old and looked like she was 2. Let me know guys, I am in on whatever, Tom 256-777-0844
PS me and the truck will be in Asheville NC on the 26th of February & ready to go wherever to get the 28. Lets just do it. T

tom freeman
02-11-2008, 08:32 PM
so where can we get A trailer that will make it to miami.

tom freeman
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM

i just read a post somewhere else that it weighs 8000 to 9000 lbs.

BUIZILLA
02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
i'm thinking empty of fluids about 7,500-8.000#

Donzi Racer
02-11-2008, 09:04 PM

Needs to stop over in Knoxville for restoration 1st then come to florida. So far we got three, 1 in knoxville, & 2 in florida. 1 more and we can each get it for 3 months a year and afford a trailer. Somebody with a trailer let us borrow it. We will be careful, kinda! Will take a old beat up trailer that needs new tires and bearings. We will bring it back all fixed up and ready to roll for your future trips. Tom

Donzi Racer
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
i'm thinking empty of fluids about 7,500-8.000#

We can go to about 10k with no problems. T

Donzi Racer
02-11-2008, 09:10 PM

I got a line on a trailer. Will check on it tomorrow. Do not let that stop anyone that has a trailer that would handle this ole beauty from letting us know about it. Tom

BlownCrewCab
02-12-2008, 06:23 AM
I Don't think just any trailer that'll hold a 28' will do. you need one that will clear the 2 drive shafts and rudders seeing that it's an inboard.. Stop it by TN when you get it, I think I have a small part of my driveway thats not full..:doh:

Donzi Racer
02-12-2008, 06:49 AM
I Don't think just any trailer that'll hold a 28' will do. you need one that will clear the 2 drive shafts and rudders seeing that it's an inboard.. Stop it by TN when you get it, I think I have a small part of my driveway thats not full..:doh:

Now you done stepped in it, that was just what I was waiting to hear. Where is my bidding finger, no I use that finger for saluting stupid drivers down here in florida. Oh there it is, now we are ready. Can I go on your mortgage to get started on a workshop? Now let's see if we go from 18 to 28 footers in a week, then you may need to make that building at least big enough to handle a 72 foot Donzi by the time we get thru. hahahahahah. Still need any help with a trailer we can get. I of course agree about that clearance for the rudder and shafts. I do believe if you had kept the rest of the trailer my Barrel Back is on, it would have handled it. ha ha ha OK boys, now we are in business, who's in? Cmon now don't be shy, lets do a real nice job on a Great & Wonderful boat. Thanks, Tom

Donzi Racer
02-12-2008, 04:19 PM
[quote=Scott Pearson;432255]Man...I cant give it away.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Donzi-Sportsman-Rare-find_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26432QQihZ017QQite mZ270196278717QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW[/quote

Well, who got it? My bid was just cancelled and the auction was ended early, sooooo where did it go? Someone just asked me to email scott or get in touch and see if he would pull it early and I said no no, he has had it for so long, let him get as much as he can for the ole girl. Ole sweet me. ha ha Just curious where it went? Whewww, I need another project like I needed a bigger hole in my head, so whoever it was, thank you and I owe you a beer or something. Tom :doh:

tom freeman
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
[quote=Scott Pearson;432255]Man...I cant give it away.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Donzi-Sportsman-Rare-find_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26432QQihZ017QQite mZ270196278717QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW[/quote

Well, who got it? My bid was just cancelled and the auction was ended early, sooooo where did it go? Someone just asked me to email scott or get in touch and see if he would pull it early and I said no no, he has had it for so long, let him get as much as he can for the ole girl. Ole sweet me. ha ha Just curious where it went? Whewww, I need another project like I needed a bigger hole in my head, so whoever it was, thank you and I owe you a beer or something. Tom :doh:

yep seems to be MIA I thought it had a day left yet

Scott Pearson
02-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Sold!
Boat is going to Thousand Islands. I will not disclose price but I'm very happy....:wink: Its going to a great home!

Thanks for everyones interest!