PDA

View Full Version : Z22 Front Bilge

dkroemer
12-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I recently purchased a 1999 Z22 and the first time I pulled it out of the water I noticed it had a front plug in the hull step. When I pulled the plug water drained for about an hour and now the boat flies across the water better that ever! My question is, is this boat supposed to have a bilge pump in the front? It looks like there is an outlet for it on the front side of the boat. If there is one, does anybody know how to get to it to replace it?

donzircr
06-25-2011, 01:29 PM
my z22 never had a forward bilge pump. the outlet in the side was a drain for the sink that only ever collected sun screen bottles. I do remember getting to that plug was a pain with a lowered trailer. I did find a device to replace the drain plug. It was a one way check valve that worked wonderfully. Wish I still had that boat and knew where to find that valve assembly again.

MOP
06-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Is this what you are talking about? http://www.customrubbercorp.com/plug.htm I had them on a few of my trailer-ed boats years back, as soon as you get under way any water in the hull leaves automatically leaving the bilge darn near dry. Also for guys that leave their boats in an uncovered lift they are a great idea, we have had a few mentions of hung boats filling with water. Even with the cockpit cover on a good rain can sink our classics, before I installed hatch drain I was amazed how much my bilge pump ran during a 1K rain storm. Think about this much of the water that runs off the cover and every drop that hits the hatch ends up in the bilge, a classic that is left for any time needs it hatch tapped to avoid filling with water. Or do what I did put hatch drains in the aft corners and seal the two front drain holes.