PDA

View Full Version : V-Penta Parts

TXDONZI
12-11-2007, 03:38 PM
What is the differences between the two pictured parts? Is the bolt pattern the same as a Velvet-Drive transmission on one or both of these?

Tt

BillG
12-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Looks to be the same on both and is the same as a velvet drive bolt pattern.

Bill

TXDONZI
12-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Is it a for sure known that these are Velvet-Drive bolt patterns or an assumption? That being said.... I would assume that any Bell housing with a Velvet Drive bolt pattern would bolt to them...???? Is one of either of the two designs stronger than the other or rated for more HP i.e.. (larger dia. shaft, larger or more bearings, stronger or more splines)?

BigGrizzly
12-12-2007, 11:35 AM
The bolt5 pattern is pretty much standard. it will also fit the bell housing od a H&M engine with the Volvo drive there is no need for a velvet drive. It normally bolts to a bell housing available at OSCO for various engines.

TXDONZI
12-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I wasn't wanting to use a velvet drive unit itself, I was wanting to use a velvet drive Bell-H for a 460 on that type unit, Which one of those designs is more desirable for strength and performance? How costly and readily available are they?
I am assuming I can remove the one piece SBC Bell-H from my 280PT drive and use the intermediate unit and Velvet Drive Bell-H for a 429/460 to install a 1970 429 DOVE-C motor?
Thanks, Tt