PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Islands 2008

MOP
12-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Looking forward maybe a bit soon but the summer gets crowded fast! I have been contacting a few people to get ideas about the date. It seems as if the last weekend in July or the first weekend in August are coming up best to try to miss other events that fill the hotels in the area. There may be other conflicting Donzi events in the same time frames, would like input on those dates to see how it fits the other members calenders. This event has a little more to offer a broader range of people, it has so many things to do and also offers great waters to run in. It is the main event for the US & Canadian Donzi owners to get together, in fact some years the Northern Boys out number us but that is just fine they are some super people! Look forward to any and all input!

Phil

Sweet little 16
12-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Looking forward maybe a bit soon but the summer gets crowded fast! I have been contacting a few people to get ideas about the date. It seems as if the last weekend in July or the first weekend in August are coming up best to try to miss other events that fill the hotels in the area. There may be other conflicting Donzi events in the same time frames, would like input on those dates to see how it fits the other members calenders. This event has a little more to offer a broader range of people, it has so many things to do and also offers great waters to run in. It is the main event for the US & Canadian Donzi owners to get together, in fact some years the Northern Boys out number us but that is just fine they are some super people! Look forward to any and all input!
Phil

since i have been a member here the long running events are always held the same time every year

aoth weekend before memorial day May
dustoff father's day weekend June
winnie poker run Last weekend in JULY
euafala Labor day weekend
family picnic weekend after labor day
owners rally last weekend in sept or first weekend in oct

MOP
12-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Dan had sent me the same basic schedule, the first week end of August seems to be one of the better picks. Will to wait for a few more to chime in, I am pretty flexible and will more then likely stay up at least a week or more. Been going there for a ton of years and never get enough!

MOP
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies from the guys and dolls I contacted, the first weekend in August is now the target date for the event. A usual the Edgewood will be home base, I know a few of you have tried other places. Input on other places always welcome!

MOP
01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok just got in from the Bahamas, responding to emails & a PM the dates for the run is set for August 1 through the 3rd. It is the only non conflicting weekend in that general time frame, I have my buddies island for the run and the following week so Kocktails and noshies on the porch again!!

Phil

fasttrucker
01-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Dan had sent me the same basic schedule, the first week end of August seems to be one of the better picks. Will to wait for a few more to chime in, I am pretty flexible and will more then likely stay up at least a week or more. Been going there for a ton of years and never get enough!
Jacksons donzi poker run in M.D.maybe that weekend.Too early to know for sure.Last year it was the same weekend as lake winnie.

fasttrucker
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks for all the replies from the guys and dolls I contacted, the first weekend in August is now the target date for the event. A usual the Edgewood will be home base, I know a few of you have tried other places. Input on other places always welcome!
Looks like jacksons poker run is august 1st and 2nd.

glashole
01-10-2008, 03:52 PM
alot of the people who would generally attend the 1000 isles wouldn't be going to the Jackson Poker Run anyways

The 1st weekend in August is the Canadian long weekend :canada: and works well for Canadians who are travelling to the event

looking forward to seeing everyone :)

RedDog
01-11-2008, 10:07 AM
My extended family is considering a vacation in that area - timing could overlap the Donzi run.

However, doing web searches I have been unable to find housing that would accommodate us. We are looking for a large house for 11. That is 3 adult couples and 5 boys ranging from 14 to 21.

Water front or easy access to water is key.

Does anyone have any leads?

MOP
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
My extended family is considering a vacation in that area - timing could overlap the Donzi run.
However, doing web searches I have been unable to find housing that would accommodate us. We are looking for a large house for 11. That is 3 adult couples and 5 boys ranging from 14 to 21.
Water front or easy access to water is key.
Does anyone have any leads?

Email or call the Edgewood, www.theedgewoodresort.com ... 1-888-EDGEWOOD (33439663) ask for Janine, or Cathy. They have a large cottage with I believe 5 bedrooms and some other niceties. Not a bad walk to the docks!!!

Phil

fasttrucker
01-11-2008, 03:22 PM
alot of the people who would generally attend the 1000 isles wouldn't be going to the Jackson Poker Run anyways

The 1st weekend in August is the Canadian long weekend :canada: and works well for Canadians who are travelling to the event

looking forward to seeing everyone :)
Last year the jacksons poker run was on the same weekend as lake winny.This year it is not.I really dont care about canada as they dont know anything about beer:propeller:

Tim Morris
01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I really dont care about canada as they dont know anything about beer:propeller:

Blasphemy of the first order! Demonstrations nitely.
Sometimes confused between day and nite.

Get up to this event and take a few lessons.

MOP
01-16-2008, 11:39 AM
A bit of Blue should change his mind!

fasttrucker
01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
A bit of Blue should change his mind!
Ha-Ha,Just trying to lighten-up everyones day.Yes,been to cananda,drank the beer.:yes:

MOP
01-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Added attraction Saturday Aug 3rd is the 44th Antique boat show at Clayton, it is a real nice event with some fabulous boats. There is also a big lot across from the show where there is a ton of used boat parts and what ever for sale.

tice652
01-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Did you guys do this last year? I do most of my boating in 1000 Islands - can't wait to see the Edgewood dock full of Donzi's.

MOP
01-20-2008, 04:05 PM
it was first conceived by Shanghied Again and Boxy in mid 2002 the first event was in 2003, this will be the seventh time around. It is a very special place as those that know it will say, if by chance mother nature does a meanie no sweat there is so much to do that you can not do it all and will have a great time!

Phil

MOP
05-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Mr Ken (MinxGuy) stopped to look at a Donzi up at Clayton which is close by the up coming 1K Donzi run, while he was there he laid the ground work for a ****tail party at a large antique boat place. Sounded good to me figured I would mention it up here, will work out details as we can!

MOP
05-27-2008, 08:42 AM
For those of you that are thinking of making it up to 1K this year there are only two months left, that may seem like a long time but it books up fast as it is one of the premier boating places in the entire US. There is so much to do and see one needs to take a week or return many times. Mark your calenders the first weekend in August will be one of your best runs ever!

MOP
06-03-2008, 03:03 PM
The mail below is from the Gent that Minxguy got together with, he want to host a little get together:
The mail from Dennis as follows:
We would like to host a wine & cheese reception for your Donzi folks at
Antique Boat America, Route 12, Clayton, NY. We have over 80 antique and
classic boats on display for your folks to see. We have a roomy showroom
and look forward to having your group at our store. Thanks
Dennis Honeywell
www.antiqueboatamerica.com
315-783-3875

Tony
06-20-2008, 11:19 AM
I've been to that place and it is awesome.
Phil is right to rave about this destination. Although I've only been to this event once, it is truly a spectacular boating setting. As an added bonus, you will likely meet some very cool people!

MOP
06-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Coming soon I am ready almost can't wait! I've been going up there about 8-9 years now and just can't get enough!

problemchild
07-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Count me in Boys! I just about live in the bay every weekend anyways so I'll be sure to catch everybody throughout the weekend...
-Problemchild

MOP
07-15-2008, 06:46 PM
Look forward to seeing you again, we had such a nice run not to mention the slack time on the island!!

Phil

buzzznaround
07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
This will be my first donzi gathering I booked a slip at Rivers Edge.
I was talking to Glasshole but if I could get some ones cell # so I can find you it would be appreciated. My cell is 705-931-4985. I will be arriving Fri. afternoon :shark::canada:

thanks
Buzzz

glashole
07-31-2008, 07:21 AM
I did run into Buzz last night and told him that I will be stopping by to see everyone however I am going to be running a cruiser not the donzi

if there is an ittinerary let me know and I will try to catch up

have fun everyone and i hope to see everyone there

Shea

MOP
07-31-2008, 03:49 PM
I am rolling out tonight go for a few hours and finish up tomorrow I will meet up with Kenny Friday we will see everyone at the Edgewood docks 9 Sat. Alex Problem Child may be riding shot gun with me as he blew his drive.

Phil