PDA

View Full Version : Anti-theft?

drew0982
12-06-2007, 11:55 AM
What do you guys use for anti-theft these days? I know about motor locks, but is there anything else that can be used?

Thanks,
Andrew

Last Tango
12-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Boat in the water? Before going away remove the rotor (or equivalent internal ignition timing device) from under the distributor cap.
Boat on a lift? Remove same item as above and use stainless steel chain from bow eye to piling. Two Master locks.
Boat on trailer in yard? Out of sight, hitch lock, remove tire(s) from one side of trailer.
Trailer in a parking lot still attached to your tow vehicle? Leave it attached and locked. Use a hitch receiver lock on the vehicle.
Boat in storage building or storage yard? Use combination of above.
Boat not fully insured for theft? Get full coverage.

olredalert
12-06-2007, 03:11 PM
------If its anywhere Im worried about I sleep in it with my killer cat, Bubba. He will scratch your eyes out!!!.....Bill S

gcarter
12-06-2007, 06:16 PM
For boat in the water, a quick disconnect wheel hub works pretty well. Keeps someone from stealing the wheel too.:wink:

tiger lily
12-06-2007, 06:22 PM
locks only keep honest people out, if they want it, and there good , its gone, but something ive do to the trailers, is put a old ball in the tounge, then lock down the tongue, that way they cant just drop it over a ball one size smaller, other things you can do, a cut off switch somewhere in the main power, my boat is most safe on the lift, because its quite confusing to get the lift turned on, my truck, i have a hidden kill switch in, about 10 dollars installed myself , the easiest way for them to get it, is when its either hooked to a truck, or sitting somewhere on a trailer

glashole
12-07-2007, 06:06 AM
I try to remember to take the keys out of it if I'm going to leave it for any length of time

BiometricsRS
06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Andrew, you may want to look into fingerprint scanning to start your boat. To learn more visit my website: http://www.securefingerprintstart.com/

Tidbart
06-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Andrew, you may want to look into fingerprint scanning to start your boat. To learn more visit my website: http://www.securefingerprintstart.com/SecureFingerprintStart.php

Hey Troll,

Take a hike. Either get the hell out of here or contact the harbormaster and pay to advertise your wares.

B

mrfixxall
06-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Now if i told you it wouldn't be secure!

Ill tell you one thing for sure,theirs a sticker in my boat that reads Sharp shooter's boat, then i leave a few rounds of my 500 magnum laying on the seat.If the thief don't get the hint then?? i guess he will find out :)

BiometricsRS
06-25-2010, 07:29 PM
I wish you were more of an enlightened individual :) At least I am the only one that offered the guy a viable solution to his question. I suggest you find a life and not waste your time or site space that does not help answer questions that people post. How sad it must be to be a loser like you :bonk:

Tony
06-25-2010, 08:55 PM
How sad it must be to be a looser like you :bonk:

Tidbart may have loose steering, or a few loose nuts, or he may have even dated a loose woman or two.
But for you to call him a "looser", like it's a noun, well...I guess that is pretty self-explanatory!

:shark:

Just Say N20
06-25-2010, 08:58 PM
I wish you were more of an enlightened individual :) At least I am the only one that offer the guy a viable solution to his question. I suggest you find a life and not waste your time or site space that does not help answer questions that people post. How sad it must be to be a looser like you :bonk:

Took you 4 posts before you began behaving badly.

Not a good start.

Ed Donnelly
06-25-2010, 10:37 PM
BiometricsRS I hope your products are better than your spelling..

I am sure all the members here will be tearing down the walls to get your products..NOT..............Ed

yeller
06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
What do you guys use for anti-theft these days?

Insurance. :biggrin:

BUIZILLA
06-26-2010, 06:29 AM
I wish you were more of an enlightened individual :) At least I am the only one that offer the guy a viable solution to his question. I suggest you find a life and not waste your time or site space that does not help answer questions that people post. How sad it must be to be a looser like you your going to find that EVERYONE here has Tidbarts back... :superman:

you just ran aground in charted waters, yes, I said charted.. :bonk:

Cuda
06-26-2010, 10:16 AM
I've always left the keys in every boat I owned and haven't had one stolen yet.

mrfixxall
06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Andrew, you may want to look into fingerprint scanning to start your boat. To learn more visit my website: http://www.securefingerprintstart.com/SecureFingerprintStart.php

does that finger print thangy work on a trailer toungue??? like i stated they better not be in shooting range and that is the best security man has to offer............................................. ..