PDA

View Full Version : 80 HP Renault Mercruiser from F14 Fisherman

rustnrot
12-06-2007, 08:10 AM
yesyoucan is starting the resto of his F14. He is going with a 3.0L Mercruiser and alpha drive. The original Renault-blocked Mercruiser with outdrive will be removed this weekend, and due to storage issues, the sooner it is gone the better.

Supposedly this engine ran but we did not test it. (Yes, this is the same boat Madpoodle had for sale here awhile back and no it never saw saltwater because he never did anything with it from when he got it from Illinois).

$250 for the whole shebang, engine, outdrive and what is probably worth the most, the removable handle to tilt the drive up and down!

Oh and if you wanna come to Augusta this Sunday afternoon Dec. 9 and help us remove this from the boat (we put engine in YOUR pickup bed right then and there), I'll knock $100 off the price!!

MOP
12-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Tommy I had a buddy that ran one of them in a 20+ flat bottom fish boat, not only did it live a long time with a ton of hours it ran all day on 6-8 gallons of gas. Probably one of the cheapest engines to run I have seen, great deal for someone on a budget!

rustnrot
12-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks Phil. Do you know if the 120 hp version of this:

1. used the same block
2. used the same outdrive

cutwater
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Tom,

Any way you could convince him to keep the block/drive with the boat? If I'm correct there were only about 10 F14s made. It's a shame to separate this power combo from the boat, even if it's not being used.

"Purist John" :wink:

cutwater
12-06-2007, 01:43 PM
BTW I didn't intend to hijack this thread. This would be a nice economical & historically cool package for a smaller boat, and if I lived near you I'd probably buy it from you.

How much would the shipping weight be for this?

John

rustnrot
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
No problem, we are 290 miles from Knoxville, coming to get it would be your best option.....

OTOH if I go to Michigan during the holidays I could deliver on the way to Knoxville but I'd want $100 to deliver it. Sooo, saying that, if you show up here this Sunday you would save $200!

MOP
12-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks Phil. Do you know if the 120 hp version of this:
1. used the same block
2. used the same outdrive

Tommy I carry my wallet to remember my name!!! Sorry can't help on this.

Phil

Doug L.
12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
That looks like a R16 engine, same as the one
Lotus put in the early Europa.

Donzi Racer
12-08-2007, 12:59 PM
yesyoucan is starting the resto of his F14. He is going with a 3.0L Mercruiser and alpha drive. The original Renault-blocked Mercruiser with outdrive will be removed this weekend, and due to storage issues, the sooner it is gone the better.
Supposedly this engine ran but we did not test it. (Yes, this is the same boat Madpoodle had for sale here awhile back and no it never saw saltwater because he never did anything with it from when he got it from Illinois).
$250 for the whole shebang, engine, outdrive and what is probably worth the most, the removable handle to tilt the drive up and down!
Oh and if you wanna come to Augusta this Sunday afternoon Dec. 9 and help us remove this from the boat (we put engine in YOUR pickup bed right then and there), I'll knock $100 off the price!!
Hey guys, ask yesyoucan to call Tom back at 256-777-0844. I did not know he was selling this set-up when we talked about it the other day. I will take it. SOLD! Thanks, Tom

rustnrot
12-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Donzi Racer, see you tomorrow!

Donzi Racer
12-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Donzi Racer, see you tomorrow!
Thanks Tom, would you mind sending me phone #'s and directions to email, mishunaire@aol.com Thanks, Tom

Donzi Racer
12-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Tom,
Any way you could convince him to keep the block/drive with the boat? If I'm correct there were only about 10 F14s made. It's a shame to separate this power combo from the boat, even if it's not being used.
"Purist John" :wink:
If it helps any, I plan on it going back into a 14 foot Donzi. Tom