PDA

View Full Version : my nightmare

tiger lily
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
going to try and post some pics, been busting my ass on this trying to get it fixed, got almost all the cable out but one last piece pinched in there, any ideas?

tiger lily
12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
thats what im worried about, pulling the drum off, big job, that last piece of cable is about 15 inches long, and it just wont budge, the other 3 i was able to tie a chaiin too and pull out with a 3 ton chain comealong, but of course, the last the hardest

tiger lily
12-02-2007, 09:49 PM
i thought about jumping off the boat, if that tells ya who the operator was, someone else running it before me, lost control of the block, jumped the sheave, pinched the cable, and un spooled the drum, then they wound it up half ass, didnt tell anyone , it had a gap on the 2nd rap, i got up in it, yesterday, was scoping it in, and it clicked, i was like ah ****, walked to the back, the side that they left the gap in, it piled up there and jumped the drum, AHHHHHHHHHHH, f%cking night shift!!!!!! , im always cleaning up there mess

DONZI
12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Will a blue wrench(torch) with a narrow tip fit down inside there ???

tiger lily
12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Will a blue wrench(torch) with a narrow tip fit down inside there ???

if they make em narrow and long enough, it might have worked, once the office people found out, they sent us a new winch, way bigger setup, got that one in the pics off today, and should have had the new one on,, but the guy didnt have the hardware for it, oh well, maybe tomorrow we'll get it done, i hope

Team Jefe
12-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Ah, the wonderful life offshore....I don't miss it a bit. Good Luck Matt !

tiger lily
12-04-2007, 09:26 PM
poodle, i got that piece of cable out, the 2 bolts opposite of the motor side, i took them out, and slid that housing side out, opened up the gap big enough to tap it out with a paint scraper, but this new unit is awesome, its got so much power, i cant wait to do some huge lifts, and i swear if some nightshift asshole ****s this one up im gonna lose it!! the first pic is of the adapter plate we had to install because this unit is so much larger, yet i still had to do all the work, even though the office sent a contract crane mechanic, he just stood there and watched, its wierd how offshore companys work, but it is what it is