PDA

View Full Version : Help get me close.

jg480
12-02-2007, 07:49 AM
This winter I need to shop for a new prop. My motor was just rebuilt and I think the old wheel will be to small. The new engine puts out 389Hp at 5200 rpm and 445 ft/lbs of torque at 4600 rpm. The boat is a 87 18' classic with a Alpha SS drive. I know that I will to do alot of testing to find the perfect match but If you guys can get me close that would be a great start.
Thanks Jim.

Lenny
12-02-2007, 03:37 PM
This winter I need to shop for a new prop. My motor was just rebuilt and I think the old wheel will be to small. The new engine puts out 389Hp at 5200 rpm and 445 ft/lbs of torque at 4600 rpm. The boat is a 87 18' classic with a Alpha SS drive. I know that I will to do alot of testing to find the perfect match but If you guys can get me close that would be a great start.
Thanks Jim.
My "new", Buizillas "old" boat is an 87 LE18, Alpha SS 350/270HP combo. We tried the new TXP from Randy Carribella (Big Grizzly) and it was a wonderful performing unit, and after the run we had in Tampa Bay, and the washing machine of 4 footers, I can tell you it performed flawlessly. I also seem to recall it ran about 4 mph faster at cruise over his Labbed cleaver.
Again, same boat as yours, same drive. I think all that would be required in your case is about 2-3 inches more in pitch. :yes:
I am sure they will both chime in. Definately a NICE prop.

BigGrizzly
12-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I would go in Lenny's direction.