PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Buizilla....

Donziweasel
11-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Jim,
Since you are in the collector car loop, I just got out bid for my project bronco at $4950.00. Not sure I want to spend more than that on a vehicle I am going to do a frame off restoration.

1. Do you think it is worth more.
2. Should I bid, or go back to looking for another one?

Here is the Bronco-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-Ford-Bronco-DEALER-TRADE-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ330191088430QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem330191088430

I have until tonight to grab it.

John

BUIZILLA
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM
call me........

Lenny
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Yellow one is the same as my neighbours, he also has a '66 or something, light blue convertible one, beautiful rig...

Donziweasel
11-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Lenny,
They are neat rigs. I see quite a few nice ones come through Jackson and I have always wanted to build one. I have had some CJ's over the years, but the lack of space and "really" short wheelbase kind of turned me off of them. The short wheel base is great for rock climbing, but in snow it will damn near kill ya. My wife had a Land Rover Discovery and it was the worse rig I have ever driven in the snow. I know the Bronco isn't much longer than a CJ, but it is long enough to make it safer. I might have found another resto one last night on ebay-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Ford-Bronco-8-Cylinders-NICE_W0QQitemZ140182881384QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 140182881384

Kinda watching it right now.

JP

RickSE
11-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Weasel,

Would you be interested in a 1967 Firebird? My co-worker is moving to CO and needs to sell the car. I've been considering it but just don't have the room, too many cars and projects already. The body needs a lot of metal work but it's all there and has a rebuilt late-60's 389. The car is also completely disassembled. It was one of the hot straight-6 cars, overhead cam?? can't remember the name. Unfortunately when my co-worker picked it up the original motor was gone and it had a plain jane 6-cyl in it so he bought the 389 as a replacement.

Donziweasel
11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Rick,
Thanks for the offer, but if I was going to restore a Firebird, it would be a 1972-73 Trans Am. I just really like the body style of those years. Going to stick with the Bronco for now simply because it is a very simple vehicle and within my skill range. Once I have a little more experience, I am going to try the Bird or something else. I am really looking forward to building a nice 302 or 351 for it. I learned alot from rebuilding the top end of my 350 in my Donzi this summer and think a 302, 351 or even a Ford 400 SB is in my skill level, with some help.

pmreed
11-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Weasel,
Would you be interested in a 1967 Firebird? My co-worker is moving to CO and needs to sell the car. I've been considering it but just don't have the room, too many cars and projects already. The body needs a lot of metal work but it's all there and has a rebuilt late-60's 389. The car is also completely disassembled. It was one of the hot straight-6 cars, overhead cam?? can't remember the name. Unfortunately when my co-worker picked it up the original motor was gone and it had a plain jane 6-cyl in it so he bought the 389 as a replacement.

That was the Firebird Sprint; the 6 was also available in the Le Mans Sprint. Good concept, but not really wanted back in the 60s when V8s and gas were cheap.

DonziFreak
11-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Rick,
Thanks for the offer, but if I was going to restore a Firebird, it would be a 1972-73 Trans Am. I just really like the body style of those years. Going to stick with the Bronco for now simply because it is a very simple vehicle and within my skill range. Once I have a little more experience, I am going to try the Bird or something else. I am really looking forward to building a nice 302 or 351 for it. I learned alot from rebuilding the top end of my 350 in my Donzi this summer and think a 302, 351 or even a Ford 400 SB is in my skill level, with some help.
I have a 74 Trans-Am, and I love the car, but I don't think I can afford the attention it needs....so when it comes time for ya to do your Bird project, let me know, I might consider selling it to a forum member....its a baseline 74 Trans-Am with a Pontiac V-8 400 block in it, holley 650 4-barrel single pump with a aluminum edelbrock intake and we had the the valves floated, and it has a 3-speed automatic transmission with low miles....engine has low miles too....and, they consider the 74 Trans-Am to literaly be the "last of the muscle cars" and its got the same body work as the 72-73 editions, except that the front end comes out instead of looking smushed in....oh, and one more thing, shes still got the original mallory ignition system in her!

Donziweasel
11-30-2007, 08:42 AM
DF, sounds like a great project car. If you ever get to the point where you want to sell it, let me know.

I have a bid in on a Bronco that ends tonight. More of a project one than the yellow one I posted earlier. I have to have it done by April due to the fact that I am going to be building a house next summer. By next winter, I will be looking for another project car, although I want to start on restoring my Pinzguaer. It runs great, but has some minor mechanical issues, that I will take care of this spring. The only question is what color do I paint a Swiss army vehicle. Was thinking forest green with a tan top. Here is a pic of what we affectionatly call "the snuke".

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/HubPinz1.jpg