PDA

View Full Version : FOUND - MINX Hull # 001

DonziDave
01-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Here is a great bit of DONZI history!
A friend who owns a boat repair yard has a customer come in with a MINX on a damaged trailer. He fixes the trailer but after a few months the customer has not paid the bill. So my friend buys the boat and trailer at a steal. He calls me and says he thinks he may have a special boat and could I help him do some research.
Think the MINX was only built between '86 & '88?
WRONG...hull # 001 was built in 1985. As it turns out, the Chisholm family designed the MINX and built the molds but sold DONZI to the Houser-Genth group before going into production.
However, on his way out the door, John Chisholm had a MINX built for his personal boat. On the dash is an engraved plate - "This DONZI was specially built for Sally & John Chisholm".
The serial number is DMR200018585. The decifer is 20ft - hull #001 - month 8 - year 5 - model yr 85.
Pretty Cool....
Dave

olredalert
01-01-2004, 09:58 AM
------Wow,very cool! Ed D,you need this boat to continue your quest to own all the Sally and John boats.LOL! Perchance,is the boat available? Would love to see pics as well. Is the boat loaded with toys? Come-on,give it up,Dave,we gotta know!!!!!!......Bill S

Ed Donnelly
01-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Olredalert.It would appear J.C. was a busy little beaver in the last months before handing over Donzi to the new owners.It would be interesting to know how many one of's and customs went out the back door that year...Ed

oldLenny
01-01-2004, 01:17 PM
very cool post D.D. :D