PDA

View Full Version : looking for noise

ruthless
11-26-2007, 08:55 PM
hey guys, I have a 1991 21 regazza w/ a 350 cobra,I am looking for information or if possible to put open exhaust through transom, from what I can see all steering is in the way in order to go below the swim platform.If anybody has an idea or knows where I could get info to do it , I would appreciate it.

RedDog
11-27-2007, 07:01 AM
this is how it is done - http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=324318&postcount=6

bulletbrother
11-27-2007, 07:35 PM
I have done this on a old boat that i owned (226 baja) . Get a hold of corsa and give them the year make model of your boat. They will probably have the dimension of your hull with all your mechinacal steering and your swim platform. They can desighn tips and pipes and sell you the plugs that you will put in youre y pipe. I think I paid around $400 ,8 years ago. They gave me a drawing with all the measurements so I knew where to cut the holes for the tips. I took the measurements and transferred them to a 2x6 and bored the 4inch holes in the board so I could use this as a guide. my experience with corsa was great they were very helpful. Maybee things have changed as this project was 8 years ago. The sound was worth the work.

ruthless
11-27-2007, 09:34 PM
red dog, great idea and looks very reasonable to do, I will contact corsa to
see what all is available. But it will definately make some noise next summer.
thanks again :hyper:

The Hedgehog
11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
You can get around the steering of a cobra if you makea custom bend in one of the tips. We did that with the 16. I am not sure if I have any pics around.

I think that the setup that Wayne did on his Rag looks pretty good though.