PDA

View Full Version : Heading to India

ChromeGorilla
11-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Well.... it's been some nice time off.... but it's time to make the doughnuts....
Heading out for India tommorrow morning.
Talked to my buddy who is already over there on the phone today..... looks like it will be an VERY interesting trip in India....:boggled:
Till next year.......
CG

tiger lily
11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
i wish my company would let me go outside the gulf, need any ROV operators on that boat? i work lots and listen well, ive been offshore since july 17th with no vacations so far if that tells you how long of a hitch ill do, just get me outta the gulf! have a good time over there

Carl C
11-26-2007, 07:55 PM
India sounds pretty cool, have a good trip. Maybe you can post from there.:troll::drunk:

ChromeGorilla
11-26-2007, 09:06 PM
i wish my company would let me go outside the gulf, need any ROV operators on that boat? i work lots and listen well, ive been offshore since july 17th with no vacations so far if that tells you how long of a hitch ill do, just get me outta the gulf! have a good time over there

Man...we're always looking for good ROV hands.... we got some REALLY good guys that can fly the living poop out of the ROVS...then we got some real clowns....

My company HELIX, owns Canyon. Canyon keeps 3 permanent control vans/ROV's onboard our vessel.

tiger lily
11-26-2007, 10:03 PM
what doesnt helix/cal dive own? i think they own half the gulf, some of the divers ive met from cal dive, have the shirts with all the companys cal dive has consumed over the years, a few years ago they were buying out companys sat systems and just scrapping them so no competion could get them, i heard something about the govt. trying to make them sell some of there boats because of a monopoly, the express that you work on was built by Torch, that was the boat that is said to have bankrupt the company, they bought it from someone else than spent all the money they had building it , than cal dive/helix bought it when they went south, or bought the whole company, not sure how the story goes

ChromeGorilla
11-27-2007, 04:42 AM
what doesnt helix/cal dive own? i think they own half the gulf, some of the divers ive met from cal dive, have the shirts with all the companys cal dive has consumed over the years, a few years ago they were buying out companys sat systems and just scrapping them so no competion could get them, i heard something about the govt. trying to make them sell some of there boats because of a monopoly, the express that you work on was built by Torch, that was the boat that is said to have bankrupt the company, they bought it from someone else than spent all the money they had building it , than cal dive/helix bought it when they went south, or bought the whole company, not sure how the story goes
Your exactly right. Torch bought the Express and was having it converted basically to bid on a huge job that was eventually gonna pay for the purchase and conversion....... In the mean time, Cal Dive wayyyyyyyyy underbid the project to prevent Torch from getting the contract. CalDive won it and did the job with the Intrepid. Even with underbidding the hell out of the project, the Intrepid still made HUGE $$ for the company on that project.
Well, shortly after that Torch went belly up. Alot of guys I work with were on the Express the day fedreal Marshalls arrived to sieze the boat.
Anyhoo......take care y'all.
CG

ChromeGorilla
11-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Next to my Donzi visor......:smash:

CG

HallJ
11-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Chrome

Here are some pics from my trip to India spring 2006
nice people, great food! I hope you enjoy.

Jeff

catch 22
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Have a safe trip and we'll see ya in Feb.

gcarter
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Have fun and enjoy, but be careful while in Inja.

need for speed
11-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Have a good trip!! send pics!!:smash:

BUIZILLA
11-27-2007, 07:03 PM
if you stay over there tooo long, we're gonna change your name to Shiny Indian :cool!: