PDA

View Full Version : New Bill Thomas Cheetah.......

gcarter
11-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I think anyone who has ever seen a Cheetah, or seen one run, will enjoy this site;
www.65cheetahccc.com
One year at Amelia Island there were two of these in attendance.
Just imagine....600 HP and 1550 # !!!!:eek!:

olredalert
11-26-2007, 08:23 AM
-------George,,,,One of my Chicago buddies, Steve Bimbi the main guy at "Nickey Chicago" just took on a dealership in these. He had two at the last Chevy-Vette Fest two weeks ago. One roadster and one coupe. The roadster looked a bit odd but the coupes apparently are sweatboxes. The engine setback is so severe that there is no driveshaft, just two stubs welded together between the trans and the early Corvette rear. Not something you would drive to work every day.........Bill S

gcarter
11-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I think the 90" wheelbase says it all. They were never comfortable, nor were they dependable, but on one of those rare days when they were running right, watch out.
Bill, I thought this would catch your eye.
Are these being offered as streetable cars? I don't think they were ever intended for that purpose.

BUIZILLA
11-26-2007, 10:01 AM
do they turn left and right ??

gcarter
11-26-2007, 11:57 AM
do they turn left and right ??
Yep, they're sports racing cars and were originally an independant attempt at a Chevy powered Cobra beater.
The main issues were insuficient development and wild, crazy handling due to the extremely short wheelbase and the unreal power to weight ratio.

Lenny
11-26-2007, 04:42 PM
http://www.cheetahracecars.net/history.htm