PDA

View Full Version : Center of Gravity of 22 Classic?

jvcobra
11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Anyone happen to know the approx. center of gravity for a 22 Classic with a 454 and King Cobra outdrive? I'm want to get a four post lift and I'm trying to position it just right with my limited dock space. I need to figure out how much of the boat will hang past the lift in the back.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Dr. Dan
11-21-2007, 06:25 AM
Anyone happen to know the approx. center of gravity for a 22 Classic with a 454 and King Cobra outdrive? I'm want to get a four post lift and I'm trying to position it just right with my limited dock space. I need to figure out how much of the boat will hang past the lift in the back.
Thanks in advance.
Joe
I have the same set up... basically, and most of your weight is going to be towards the back in a dry hull, when fully fueled the COG is of course moved a bit forward. If I had to guess as to an actual location for any 22 Classic .... I would put it, the Center of Gravity, somewhere between the Rear Bench and the two Front Seats.
As for your location ... if you do a search(pics on perf section & galleries)... there are plenty of "Lifted" shots of 22's and others to indicate an approximate location of the Hulls position on the lift bunks.
Good Luck
Doc of Elevated Hulls :smash:

VetteLT193
11-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Actually, you want as little as possible of the stern hanging off the lift. Make the bunks long enough to accomplish this and your hull will thank you..

I second that, and if possible you really want the bunks to extend a bit past the transom. I had a boat lift for years and I know how difficult it can be to get the boat in the same spot every time, so give yourself leeway to be forward or backwards by 6 or so inches.

BigGrizzly
11-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Hydro-Hoyst recommends that the bunk with the supportbe at the end of the transom, they than adjust the floats to sit level with a 1/2 tank of fuel. that is what they did with mine.