PDA

View Full Version : Speaker/Drink Holder

TXDONZI
11-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Has anyone ever seen these? What do you all think of installing them where the back speakers are? I hate those little square folder down drink holders...I feel they take away from the looks and rattle. These would protect the speakers too. The website is http://www.ssicustomplastics.com/ they have some nice simple products. I had thought about cutting the sides out on my 22 like the Aronow Edition installing upholstered side panels. But I don't know what to do for the inside tray portion are they available from Donzi or the vendor they use for them?

Tt

VetteLT193
11-19-2007, 07:09 AM
I think both of them are pretty awesome. Perfect for a 22.

I think these would look great without the upholstered panels.

glashole
11-19-2007, 07:22 AM
check the depth of them as you only have about 4" between the inner and outer shells

:)

VetteLT193
11-19-2007, 07:39 AM
I clicked around on their web site and found these too. not as deep.

Edit: it's too wide for the forum. http://www.ssicustomplastics.com/images/49230000.jpg

TXDONZI
11-19-2007, 09:01 AM
So its not just me...you guys think they would work well and keep the simple lines of the interior?

Tt

roadtrip se
11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Just an opinion, but mine is "No".

How about just utilizing your snazzy Dr. Dan soft-sided cooler for the full ones and the empties?
Simple, effective, and your favorite beverage is always cold and contained.

I have no idea how anything would stay in a cup holder in a Classic any way
without going completely flat or flying out all over the place.

Maybe it is just my boating style, but I would put these in the same category as swim ladders,
swim platforms, and biminis. No, no, and no.

Ranman
11-19-2007, 10:49 AM
I know where Todd is coming from, but I don't know, I think the first one is pretty slick. You would clearly have to determine if there's enough room in the gunwale to fit it, but I bet there is. I think they're a tad dull in white, but If these things were custom paint matched or better yet, anodized billet they could be a trick addition especially with a custom speaker grill. I think they have potential.

VetteLT193
11-19-2007, 11:17 AM
How about just utilizing your snazzy Dr. Dan soft-sided cooler for the full ones and the empties?
Simple, effective, and your favorite beverage is always cold and contained.
Maybe it is just my boating style, but I would put these in the same category as swim ladders,

They came standard on the Minx, and my drink doesn't fly out of it. They come in handy for sure.

I think on a 22 you can mount cup holders in the dash, on the very outsides.

VetteLT193
11-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Here's a bad drawing of where I'd put a cup holder. I measured it out roughly with a can and it looks like it would fit with no problems.

TXDONZI
11-19-2007, 12:41 PM
They came standard on the Minx, and my drink doesn't fly out of it. They come in handy for sure.
I think on a 22 you can mount cup holders in the dash, on the very outsides.

Do you have or can you post some pictures of them in your Minx? I would like to see what they look like.

Tt

VetteLT193
11-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't have any handy that shows the cup holders but I can post later tonight.

The Minx has a 'ledge' for them though, it's not the same as the traditional classics.

VetteLT193
11-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Here's a pic from another thread. This is Margo's boat, not mine, but you can get the idea:)

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32773&d=1195071821

DonziChick
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
What about the coozies with the suction cup bottoms? No cutting holes in your boat and your drink stays in place ;)

It's a good idea, but I am always hesitant to cut holes in fiberglass. They're like tattoos .... very permanent.

glashole
11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
I can't see how you would be able to have an open can or cup of anything in one of these boats, it just makes a mess and you end up dumping it overboard no matter where you plan on keeping it

RedDog
11-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh Oh - looks like I'm going to be on someone's :toiletpap: list

Ranman
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM

I can't see how you would be able to have an open can or cup of anything in one of these boats, it just makes a mess and you end up dumping it overboard no matter where you plan on keeping it

Sand bars, islands and long no wake zones is where I do my onboard drinking. It's not like your always going WFO. Sometimes it's nice to stop and chill or take a stroll down a river or canal or something. Why is having a can onboard (and a place to put it) so unfathomable?

realbold
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Sand bars, islands and long no wake zones is where I do my onboard drinking. It's not like your always going WFO. Sometimes it's nice to stop and chill or take a stroll down a river or canal or something. Why is having a can onboard (and a place to put it) so unfathomable?
Exactly!

roadtrip se
11-21-2007, 09:46 AM

Your Formula PC sitting next to your 18 Classic in the slip. Last time I looked at one, there were drink holders everywhere!