PDA

View Full Version : wills

gero1
11-18-2007, 08:32 AM
has anyone ever used an on line last will and testament? what is the difference between a living will and a last will? do i need a power of att for health care so i can be unplugged as i don't want to be hooked up to a machine for 10 years. no i don't plan on kicking the bucket but i was told that the state gets everything if you don't have a will. true??

MOP
11-18-2007, 04:08 PM
My other half the legal beagle says with a living will you state the terms about how you want to be taken care of, life support or no life support. Normally it also spells out who gets what. Last will and testament only covers who gets what.

DonziJon
11-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I don't think anyone on this forum is qualified to answer your question... in spite of what some may offer as an opinion. I suggest you find a Lawyer you think you can trust. That may be a stretch, but do the best you can. Referrals from relatives/friends "may" offer a solution. If you do a "Mickey Mouse" WILL... your STUFF may well go to the STATE. Don't take shortcuts. John

Donzi Angel
11-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Each state has different laws as far as descent and distribution of an estate. In Texas a living will is pretty much--hook me up/don't hook me up to life support, let me die as comfortably as possible or do anything in your power to keep me alive sort of thing. A Last Will and Testament allows an individual to set forth his or her desires as to which individual or entity to devise his or her belongings to. I'd say get a qualified attorney that specializes in estate planning to answer your questions. Hope this helps.

gero1
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
thank you to all, hope yall have a great turkey day

DonziJon
11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Has anyone noticed what happens when a Will is not Perfectly Correct and Clear in it's meaning? I've noticed that the FAMILY..NOT the State, turns out to be the real problem. Sisters turned against sisters...etc. etc. I'm just an observer so far but who knows what happens after you croak.

Food For Thought. :bonk: Cocktails at 4.

ChromeGorilla
11-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Has anyone noticed what happens when a Will is not Perfectly Correct and Clear in it's meaning? I've noticed that the FAMILY..NOT the State, turns out to be the real problem. Sisters turned against sisters...etc. etc. I'm just an observer so far but who knows what happens after you croak.
Food For Thought. :bonk: Cocktails at 4.

Death brings out the worst in even the closest of families.... seen it first hand...... adults acting like children.... more worried over what they're getting rather than what they all have lost...... damn shame too... it pathetic.... I just choose to stay out of it all. I've seen the price some pay just to get what they think is theirs.... :( just aint worth it IMO.