PDA

View Full Version : Better pictures of Donzi Corsican

Conquistador_del_mar
11-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I found some more pictures of the V-drive Corsican which show more detail. I thought some of you might like seeing this boat that I restored in the mid 80s since they are not very common. I had forgotten about the side compartments - sort of a handy place for gear. It originally had a windshield, but I filled the holes, prepped the entire deck, and shot it with color matched Imron. For whatever reason, the top view makes the deck look grey compared to the seats, but it was the same bright white as the sides. The side view shows the large SS rudder. I wish I had taken some shots of the engine that I installed - it was fairly nice looking with the headers. I found some more old Donzi pictures which I will load later. Bill

Rob M
11-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I found some more pictures of the V-drive Corsican which show more detail. I thought some of you might like seeing this boat that I restored in the mid 80s since they are not very common. I had forgotten about the side compartments - sort of a handy place for gear. It originally had a windshield, but I filled the holes, prepped the entire deck, and shot it with color matched Imron. For whatever reason, the top view makes the deck look grey compared to the seats, but it was the same bright white as the sides. The side view shows the large SS rudder. I wish I had taken some shots of the engine that I installed - it was fairly nice looking with the headers. I found some more old Donzi pictures which I will load later. Bill
That's a bad-a$$ Corsican. I've got one currently - also no windshield.

Conquistador_del_mar
11-16-2007, 10:39 PM
The Corsican I had was originally the same red as in the photos. It originally had either a SB or BB Chevy engine. If you call the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department with the TX #s, they could give the hull number - presuming it is still in Texas. Bill

What color was it originally? With only approx 8 V drive Corsicans being built, we may be able to figure out the HIN by the color and original powerplant.. Unless it was the one shipped sans power...

Conquistador_del_mar
11-16-2007, 10:41 PM
You have a great looking Corsican. I am a dark blue fan myself. Bill

That's a bad-a$$ Corsican. I've got one currently - also no windshield.

1996Z15
11-24-2007, 04:10 PM
What color was it originally? With only approx 8 V drive Corsicans being built, we may be able to figure out the HIN by the color and original powerplant.. Unless it was the one shipped sans power...

There was a V-drive Corsican near me that was all black.

WA-LO
11-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Im not 100% on this but my v-drive I was told was shipped to Missouri without power because the factory didnt have a 427 SOHC in stock so
the owner bought it with out power and the owner had a 427 sohc installed
locally. I cant verify this but the exhaust cutouts were patched and they
were spread out very far apart witch makes sense if they put a cammer in it.
I have searched high and low but cant get my hands on another cammer but
I would love to put one in the boat if I could.If anyone sees one for sale let me know Ill by it.

WA-LO
11-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Hull # C-18-C11

WA-LO
11-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Thats some great archive info I didnt have, thanks. I think I will stick with
the 427 tunnel port Holman Moody motor I have. Wish there was room for a blower but I cant cut it up its to nice.

Thanks