PDA

View Full Version : 18' Donzi Corsican

Conquistador_del_mar
11-14-2007, 10:03 PM
I thought I would scan another picture of another Donzi I once owned and restored. This was a V-drive 18' Donzi Corsican built in 1975 or 1976 if my memory serves correctly. I built and installed a 450HP 454 Chevy in it with water cooled Bassett or Hooker headers (I can't remember which). It was outrageously fast on acceleration, but rapped out at about 70MPH due to the high angle of the drive shaft. I actually didn't own it long enough to play much with the props so I never really got to see it peak out on the top end. This picture was taken at Lake Ouachita in Arkansas in about 1985. I don't believe I have ever seen another Corsican in our area, and I thought some of you might like seeing one. By the way, I had to scamble on the engine cover paint job, so you might notice they are a little off color. When I got back from this trip, I color matched them with Imron. Bill

mphatc
11-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Very nice boat, and the first V-dirve BB Chevy I've heard of . .
Do you recall the hull number and might you know where the boat is now?

Thank you for sharing

Mario@VSR1.com

Mario L.

BigGrizzly
11-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Actually John and Kathy S. Have an original LBJ Corsican with a Vdrive and the original 427 Ford in it. He is almost done the restore on it. I think his last step was the wind shield. Really good people.

Conquistador_del_mar
11-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Mario,
I can check my records when I get to my business, but I don't think I had the guys sign a buyer form when I sold it to them. They were from Ft. Worth, TX and owned the International Harvestor dealership if my memory serves correctly. I called them a week after I sold it to tell them I got back a two blade custom built prop which I had ordered, but they turned it down as they were detuning the engine since it was so loud and powerful. My guess is that it is still here in Texas. You can contact the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to see if the TX number is still in their records. Once it is assigned to a boat, it remains on that boat. Fortunately, you can read that number in my picture - it is TX - 7554 - DA. I hope this helps. Bill

Very nice boat, and the first V-dirve BB Chevy I've heard of . .
Do you recall the hull number and might you know where the boat is now?
Thank you for sharing
Mario@VSR1.com
Mario L.

Conquistador_del_mar
11-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I had forgotten that my Corsican originally had a windshield until I read your post. It was not on the boat when I bought it so I had to fill the screw holes and prep the entire deck for Imron. I remember that I had to spend quite a while prepping the deck due to some gelcoat blistering. When I finished, it was straight and glossy. I believe my Corsican came originally with a small block Chevy, but I really don't remember for sure. I do know that I didn't change the bell housing which was Chevy. Bill

Actually John and Kathy S. Have an original LBJ Corsican with a Vdrive and the original 427 Ford in it. He is almost done the restore on it. I think his last step was the wind shield. Really good people.

superhatz
11-15-2007, 03:22 PM
The Corsican looks great without a windshield........

Thanks for posting all these pics.......a great service to the hobby if you ask me....:)

Conquistador_del_mar
11-15-2007, 06:37 PM
You're more than welcome for the pictures. I saw you are from Minneapolis. I fly in there to go up in Quetico Provential Park in Canada canoeing in the wilderness from time to time. I also drove up there to pick up my AC Shelby Cobra 427 from a great guy in Prior Lake a year or so ago. Bill

The Corsican looks great without a windshield........
Thanks for posting all these pics.......a great service to the hobby if you ask me....:)