PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

ANGUS
11-14-2007, 07:42 PM
INSURANCE--- Is there any concensus on who has the best deal on insurance,I am not feeling loved by my insurance company. I am sure this has been discussed at some time but I have missed it. Thanks for any suggestions. Angus

chappy
11-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I've had decent luck with Progressive, so far they love the fact that I give them my money. I've never had to ask for any back though.:D That's when the fun begins.

Rich

tiger lily
11-15-2007, 06:33 AM
progressive also, never made a claim, and dont ever want to because it will prolly be a nightmare

VetteLT193
11-15-2007, 06:57 AM
I have USAA, but they now farm it out to progressive for boats...

There are a lot of unhappy progressive customers over on OSO. My only hope is if I have to make a claim USAA will back me if there are problems.

Kirbyvv
11-15-2007, 07:55 AM
AMICA, I've got my cars, boats and home all with Amica and have for more than 20 yrs. Never had to put a claim in on the boat, but they have been very responsive for home and auto claims. They also were willing to insure a '78 Donzi for my purchase price, not the "book value". They did require a marine survey to confirm the value though.

fegettes
11-15-2007, 10:55 AM
The consensus seems to be alike, Progressive is the cheapest, and the most difficult to file a claim with. Knowing this, I will not insure with Progressive, and I have my insurance policy in Texas with Farmers, and they have a very good track record with claims.

Steve