PDA

View Full Version : Steering Bezel?

TXDONZI
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Where can you get a new oval shaped steering bezel for a 22 Classic? I see some from Teleflex (and I thought they made them) but they are 2 pieces....I thought mine was one piece. I havent looked that closely at it so I could be wrong.

Tt

VetteLT193
11-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Where can you get a new oval shaped steering bezel for a 22 Classic? I see some from Teleflex (and I thought they made them) but they are 2 pieces....I thought mine was one piece. I havent looked that closely at it so I could be wrong.
Tt

I have an extra one, but I can't get the friggin steering wheel off of it.

BTW, if you are looking for a new one for cosmetics they can be painted. My brother's was awlgripped until it was removed for the hydraulic unit.

TXDONZI
11-13-2007, 03:55 PM
I wanted to get a new chrome one. Mine is starting to show a few very small places where it is pitting. I just installed a new stereo with chrome bezel. This winter I plan to install a polished aluminum or SS dash back plate, polished spoke steering wheel, new gauges, polished switch plate and trim switch unit. I just need to figure out what gauges I want to use.

BigGrizzly
11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
They are all 2 piece just look like one.

TXDONZI
11-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Cool... Thanx Griz! I would say they are a dine a dozon but they ar really $90 ea. but easily obtained anyway.

MOP
11-13-2007, 06:28 PM
You might give powder coating it a thought, the PC chrome is real good and it ends any future pitting. Plus it would be a lot cheaper!!

Phil