PDA

View Full Version : New Business??

FOSTER
11-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Heading for Orlando this week with a flatbed trailer to look at and hopefully buy a walking excavator. Very rare in new england, hoping to find enough work for it to get out of driving full time. It's a 2001 Menzi muck with 2000 hours on it. Do a search on them if interested, I'll have more pictures later.
Bret.

LKSD
11-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Neat.. I went to thier site, those things can do some amazing stuff!

www.menzimuck.com/ (http://www.menzimuck.com/)

Jamie / Lakeside

FOSTER
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm sure there is going to be a long learning curve and a few pairs of brown shorts involed with this one.

FOSTER
11-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Orlando Fl, all loaded up and ready to head home. Had to wait almost 48 hrs for money and paper work to transfer around the country:mad: I would think in this day and age it would be a lot faster, maybe just the people i'm dealing with.
Bret.

FOSTER
11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Just got back from Orlando, 1400 miles in 21 hours, and 80 degrees to snowing. Starting to wonder if i'm living in the wrong end of town.

MOP
11-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Quite a few years back I did a lot of excavating ran a myriad of stuff from little IH dozers with a Drott bucket to Link Belt 78's & 98's, my favorite toys were the big 6 yard Hough for loading trucks and for just plain fun a 4X4 Oliver back hoe that would climb like a bandit, obviously backwards up the real steep stuff. I think your new toy will be a blast once you settle in, the only thing missing is the bucket I used it for brakes on the hills. Best of luck with it 2000 hours is not much!

Phil

FOSTER
01-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Its been some time since I posted anything about the Menzi, still waiting for the weather to break so I can put it to work but I have been playing around in my back yard as much as I can to get comfortable operating it. Sliding on ice and snow is a lot of fun :eek: Looks like there is a lot of interest in it around here and should be able to find plenty of work.

Cuda
01-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Just got back from Orlando, 1400 miles in 21 hours, and 80 degrees to snowing. Starting to wonder if i'm living in the wrong end of town.
It was pretty cold here this weekend, and Monday, Tuesday it was 45, but it warmed up to 80 yesterday. It was 65 when I got up this morning, but it rained off and on all night, and is quite dreary looking today.

FOSTER
01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
13 degrees when I left Maine last night, The last pics were from early december and has not gotten any better. Almost every time I get home from a run I have to plow the driveway to get the truck off the road, Winter is getting old, might just be me.