PDA

View Full Version : What's going on at Trick

justleft
11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Still haven' received stuff paid for 4 weeks ago.
No one knows anything and never calls back.
They never respond to Email.
And now they haven't answered their phone for 9 days.
Says something about doing inventory on Tuesday.

Worst customer service ever !!

WingWing
11-12-2007, 02:58 PM
do a search on some of the other boating sites and you will see your situation is not unique. I heard Fred has has a few family tragedies this year; his son passing at the beginning and recently his girlfriend.

p729lws
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
do a search on some of the other boating sites and you will see your situation is not unique. I heard Fred has has a few family tragedies this year; his son passing at the beginning and recently his girlfriend.

I think it was an employee's girlfriend.

VetteLT193
11-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I bought a Gaffrig shifter from them and got it pretty quick, but I have never had a response from them via email.

The only way to half way contact them is over in the vendor area on OSO... even then, I asked for a quote on a new internal hydraulic steering system from them a few weeks back and never actually got the quote.

gcarter
11-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I just bought a tach on eBay from them. I just received instead, a Monster 180 MPH GPS speedometer, minus the antenna. They didn't answer their phone. I'll try again tomorrow. I guess it has some value to the right person.
We'll see..........:confused::confused::confused:

gcarter
11-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Good news.....I sent an email through eBay and received a response within hours promising the tach will be sent out tomorrow.

vonkamp
11-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I just bought a tach on eBay from them. I just received instead, a Monster 180 MPH GPS speedometer, minus the antenna. They didn't answer their phone. I'll try again tomorrow. I guess it has some value to the right person.
We'll see..........:confused::confused::confused:

That sounds familliar! I bet someone else eagerly anticipating a GPS speedo was disapointed to find a "tach. in a box". haha :yes::yes:

handfulz28
11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Would somebody share the Ebay user ID or an auction number? That seems to be the only way people are getting a response.

gcarter
11-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Maybe, but the box said "Race Series Tach" and the installation papers inside were for a tach....so I guess it was just a screw up.
You can imagine what a surprise it was when I opened a box that said "Tach".
It was a good looking instrument.

gcarter
11-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Would somebody share the Ebay user ID or an auction number? That seems to be the only way people are getting a response.
Here's a search of all his items;
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcyncecil

LKSD
11-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Interesting:

Click here .... OSO / Whats going on with Trick (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172615)

VetteLT193
11-16-2007, 08:59 AM
I was just looking at parts on the Trick web site, and this message is on every item I saw:

" This Product Can't Be Purchased Online
Call us For Details. "

handfulz28
11-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Here's a search of all his items;
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcyncecil

Thanks George. Looks like a going out of business sale to me.

TXDONZI
11-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Well I worry a little bit now.. I have own 1 part and bidding on several others in their eBay Store. Should I pay or not? I surely don't want to get ripped off!!!!

Trueser
11-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Not that I'm a Trick fan, but just because he's selling parts on EBAY doesn’t mean he's going out of business.

Check out his feedbacks.

Let’s give Fred a chance first.

VetteLT193
11-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Here is an updated link for OSO. The guy who runs OSO is compiling a list of everyone that got burned by Trick, so if you got burned send him an email.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173644

Trueser
11-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Again..... Not that I'm a Trick fan.

If you paid with a credit card I would call them up and reverse the charges. Item never received! This can be done with a simple phone call.

Unless Trick pulls out of the fog and starts delivering.

DonziChick
11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow - this thread is so much shorter than the one on OSO!

I heard that the OSO admin wants to be informed of the amounts that everyone has paid for non-received items.

McGary911
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Check page 25 on the OSO thread. Former employee just dropped a bomb. It ain't pretty. :eek!:

mphatc
11-28-2007, 06:04 PM
For those of you who paid with a credit card ,
follow Trueser's recommendation NOW!

With all that Fred has to attend to, disputing credit card charges is a time consuming and long task , I seriously doubt he has the time to dig into that mess.

fwiw, I also run a small business, fortunately in 15+ years I have never had a bad check, and only one CC backcharge, which I recovered after lots of paperwork. The Credit Card companies are always on the buyers side, as it should be! You are their customer!

Mario L.

chappy
11-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Check page 25 on the OSO thread. Former employee just dropped a bomb. It ain't pretty. :eek!:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!