PDA

View Full Version : stainless or Emi's

osur866
11-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Well since I have to take off the risers to get to the corsa diverters off, to repair the leaks in them, was thinking that this would be a good time to change manifolds and risers to something a little lighter and more free flowing.:wink: Have looked at many past posts and have pretty much decided that the Emi's and stainless are the way to go, was wondering if anyone has done a late model mpi small block in an 18 with the corsa captian choice? Was wondering if either of the systems are turely a "factory replacement" without doing alot of modifing and if there will be clearence issues? Engine is box stock and plan to keep it that way for a while, I figure if I don't get any added HP out of it the weight savings and bling factor:cool!: will be well worth the project since I'll have half of the exhaust off anyway. Thanks, Steve

hot shot
11-09-2007, 06:35 AM
osur866 i put the eddie marine thunder exhaust on my 18, i used the stock capitans choice. they claim a 10% gain in hp and forget how much lighter and they are avail polished or powter coated they look great

osur866
11-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Was it a direct bolt on? I assume the the risers had the brackets for linkage and ecu? Where the risers stainless or the alum. risers?

Cuda
11-09-2007, 07:32 AM
I had EMI's on my 350 in the Minx. I don't know if it improved the performance, since I had just built the engine, but they sounded fantastic.

The Hedgehog
11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
osur866 i put the eddie marine thunder exhaust on my 18, i used the stock capitans choice. they claim a 10% gain in hp and forget how much lighter and they are avail polished or powter coated they look great

Did you notice a pick up in torque and the top end?

Lenny
11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Stainless Marine comes with all the brackets welded on (if you tell them). I have a set on a 350 MP motor but have not reinstalled it yet so I can't comment on the clearance issues. The ECU and shift linkage and all that has brackets and holes all set to go.

Major bling factor.

MOP
11-09-2007, 10:06 AM
All of the above are way better then stock iron, will you see any real gains. I doubt much on a stock mill but add the parts that compliment each other then you will see gains. I take about $1000.00 per mile an hour!

Phil

osur866
11-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm really not expecting much if any gains from the exhaust, I think getting 80ish pounds out of the back of the boat combined with a slight gain in flow might yeild 1-2 mph maybe but long term I'll allready have this part done. I like the stainless marine but have heard that on late models it might interfer with the remote oil filter? So the riser's are short enough to fit with the corsa diverters? Dosen't look like much room from the stock riser to the diverters.

BigGrizzly
11-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I prefer Stainless Marine. They do fit many users on the board have then, and they fit the Corsa type. More expensive but to me the look better. Afact is they work better on modified motors -on the dynos.