PDA

View Full Version : A warning from Yamaha

LKSD
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Here is a warning from Yamaha. I guess they evidentally have some fools that have done this, now waranting a warning label.. Jamie

ChromeGorilla
11-07-2007, 06:34 PM
LOL.... I rember that sticker when I had my Yamaha's. I bought a GP1200R when they first came out..... and then I had a Riva triple pipe GP1200R.... (sick ski....was faster than my 22...:yes:)

I saw that sticker and in the owners video, they specifically pointed out that one should wear a wetsuit and watch out fer yer orifices...... :eek:

LKSD
11-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I was servicing this unit in our shop this fall & I never noticed the warning on the back in years gone by. I just figured it was common sense.. I guess that is just not the case for everyone.. :) J

joel3078
11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Remember the original stand up units, jet-ski? You had to lay back on them, apply throttle and pull yourself up, then stand up. Well, while you are first trying to get up, applying throttle, guess were the jet blast is going. Yup, right on Mr. Winki. :eek!:

gold-n-rod
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Here's the problem with letting the wordsmiths write these things..... too many big words for the intended audience. It prolly should read like this:

"Hey you, don't point the water at yer cooter or pooper. It will fu<k you up!" :eek!:

DonziJon
11-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Here's the problem with letting the wordsmiths write these things..... too many big words for the intended audience. It prolly should read like this:
"Hey you, don't point the water at yer cooter or pooper. It will fu<k you up!" :eek!:

Abosolute DITTOS. (OH WAIT:.... I hope that term wasn't political):bonk:

Barry Eller
11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Here is a warning from Yamaha. I guess they evidentally have some fools that have done this, now waranting a warning label.. Jamie

OUCH!:eek:

donzi182003
11-09-2007, 07:09 AM
I have had 2 of those things. A xl760 and a 2003 FX140 4 Stroke. Those jets are not to be messed with. I saw a girl get seriously injured falling off the back of a gp1200 at my old mans place in the Keys. Not to be too graphic but that warning was not heeded and she paid dearly for it. If you are doing tricks and all that kinda stuff people do when they first get a ski,,,, WEAR A WETSUIT!!!!!!!!