PDA

View Full Version : Hello Donzi folks.

SideshowRob
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Everybody.....................(hi dr. Nick) sorry...:cool:

I haven't been around much lately, busy, busy. Actually we just returned from a 6 state roadtrip. We just decided to go for a drive with no real plans or destinations. I did want to stop in Grand Rapids at a Yamaha dealer to buy some engine parts for the winter taker of my money. From there it was "left or right?" We chose right and went to Chicago, which was great, we were impressed with how clean it was, and some of the architecture was amazing. I highly recommend it. Had a chance to go to Buddy Guy's Legends. #1 Blues Bar in Chicago.... Double Decker bus tour, Sears tower, House of Blues, The bean...
Next stop Toledo?? Yes I wanted to go to Toledo. Why? To go to the home of Willy's jeeps. Stopped at Willy's Overland Motors, and the Toledo zoo, both places were quite interesting ( I highly advise going to zoos in the offseason). There was also a 17 piece band playing in the bar of the hotel we stayed at, so we got to hear some Big Band sounds with supper.
Up next Cleveland. We figured we should check out the rock and roll hall of fame, which was great except for the mass of children running around, but that didn't really take away from seeing Jimi's guitar, or ZZtop's suits, and Janis Joplin's Porche.
So to quickly recap; Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pensylvania, New York. We saw all 5 Great Lakes, travelled almost 2000 miles in 7 days, took about 500 pictures, and just generally had a great time.
So why did we do this? Why the hell not :wink: Actually I was starting a new job the following week, and Nicole was able to get the week off as well. It was also a little celebration as we recently found out we are going to be parents :cool::biggrin.::yippie:
With all of that good and fun news I need to spend some time with the Donzi. I am planning on removing the outdrive so I can do some necessary maintenance and repairs. I've looked it over and it seems straightforward, but I was hoping someone had recorded the removal process somewhere on the site, to help with any questions I run into.
Thanks for reading, I'll keep you posted on the 280 removal and repair. Oh, and the new L'il Donziphile.

Kirbyvv
11-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a fun trip. Congrats on the job and future addition.
Pick up one of the volvo books on ebay. I got one for less than $10. it was a bit dirty, but had all the info you need to remove and reinstall the drive. Piece of cake to remove, but you need a helper as they are a bit heavy

vonkamp
11-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Good to see you back and congrats. Sounds like a lot of positive changes in your life. :beer: