PDA

View Full Version : Wow.....

superhatz
11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
I posted on the last 'Tundra bashing' thread and someone took ALL my rep points away......I went from 10 to 0.......

I'm not supposed to state my opinion when someone is making fun of something I own and like?

Nice.

joel3078
11-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey Neighbor - MN

Click on User CP in the upper left hand corner. It will display your latest reputation recieved and give you a clue on what is going on. Beyond that clue, I would guess it's up to the administrators to manually adjust your rep power assuming such a thing can be done.

hardcrab
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I posted on the last 'Tundra bashing' thread and someone took ALL my rep points away......I went from 10 to 0.......
I'm not supposed to state my opinion when someone is making fun of something I own and like?
Nice.
That happened to me twice (within a year) on this board.
After having to complain about it they re-appeared. How does that happen?

chappy
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Superhatz,
Forgive me for a quick hijack, but is that your boat in your avatar? I always thought that was a great shot, but never asked.
Rich
P.S. As for the rep thing, it doesn't matter to me. I've always enjoyed your posts as you seem to be a real Aronow boat fan.:shades:

superhatz
11-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys......I feel bad now because maybe I was being too sensitive....?

The picture of the Chevy pulling the Tundra trailer is SUPER funny but I'm seeing so much negative stuff on other boat sites too I just felt like commenting. Sorry.

Chappy.....not my boat just an old 27 Sport......my Magnum is off white.....and you're right.....I'm about as obsessed with classic Aronow stuff as one can be, and this is the best boat site for purists like myself.

:)

BUIZILLA
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
super, don't sweat it, Carl hammered my points recently after he asked for opinions from EVERYBODY, I gave mine, and he didn't like what I told him, which is what REALLY happened in his case and he just refused to believe it :yes: :shades:

mrfixxall
11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Nice.

their aint a damm thing wrong with toyota tundra trucks,,i can honestly say being a auto shop owner I NEVER GET THEM FALLING APART LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER MAJOR MFRS OUT THEIR..:wink:

chappy
11-05-2007, 08:57 PM
super, don't sweat it, Carl hammered my points recently after he asked for opinions from EVERYBODY, I gave mine, and he didn't like what I told him, which is what REALLY happened in his case and he just refused to believe it :yes: :shades:
"Los pelotas muy grande Senor Haas"
:cool:

superhatz
11-05-2007, 09:39 PM
their aint a damm thing wrong with toyota tundra trucks,,i can honestly say being a auto shop owner I NEVER GET THEM FALLING APART LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER MAJOR MFRS OUT THEIR..:wink:

I own an auto repair shop too...albeit a Porsche shop...and overall I've been impressed with the 4 Toyota trucks I've had.......

That said...in fairness I don't want this to turn into a thread bashing domestic trucks......:wink:

Sweet little 16
11-05-2007, 10:03 PM
super don't sweat it, rep don't mean nothing it is more like how many friends you have and they just throw rep your way so even with the good rep it really doesn't mean squat

Mac
11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Looks like you got it back, mine have been gone for a while, does not look like it is coming back anytime soon. I am curious if I can go negative, this is the only forum where I have seen "rep power" if you are "in" and your rep power gets taking away, it gets added back, as if by magic, if you are not they leave you at 0.

f_inscreenname
11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Don't feel bad. It says that I have had 16 point(s) total but never remember having more then 3.http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/cry.gif

boxy
11-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Don't feel bad. It says that I have had 16 point(s) total but never remember having more then 3.http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/cry.gif
FSN .......from what I can see total points don't relate directly to rep total, there must be some sort of ratio, like maybe 5 to 1.

f_inscreenname
11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Man, if that's the case S/H must of had a lot of folks pissed at him losing 10pts in a day. That's like 50 members.:eek!:

boxy
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
No you're working it the wrong way, if he had 10 points, but lost them, 2 people disagreed with his post....

chappy
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212504
This should help.:cistineb:
Rich
P.S. I think we place a little too much emphasis on this system, especially since we don't know exactly how it works.:umbrella:

Rootsy
11-08-2007, 06:16 AM
and just to think... you can turn the whole rep power on or off with the click of a check box in the admin panel...

WingWing
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
It has been a really long time, but this sort of reminds me of highschool. :)

superhatz
11-08-2007, 11:53 AM
It has been a really long time, but this sort of reminds me of highschool. :)

......:)

jl1962
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I am well and truly confused....will this be on the test?
:nilly:

LKSD
11-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I never worried about rep points.. They are kind of like wooden nickels IMO.. :) lol...

Just speak your mind honestly & civily.. Thats all one can do.. Obviously at times some will agree & others wont...

I just go with the flow & enjoy the site.. :) Jamie / Lakeside