PDA

View Full Version : Boo Boo got her elk!

Donziweasel
11-05-2007, 07:37 AM
It came down to the wire, but she finally got one last night. We went down to our property we purchased this summer to hunt. The guy who sold it to us told us it is the best hunting in Wyoming and that the state record elk and deer came out of there. Man, he wasn't kidding! We rode a mile and elk were everywhere. They were basically everywhere you looked with so many bull elk it was ridicoulous. She stalked a nice cow (bull season was over), one shot, dropped it. We packed in out on horse and that was that. Elk steaks for dinner!

I will never hunt in my old area again. Our land in private access and no one can hunt there except the 4 home owners and there are 100,000's of acres just for us! We were jokingly calling it "the Peason's Private Hunting Reserve". Most bulls that come out of there score over 320. Anyone game for next year?

DonCig
11-05-2007, 07:54 AM
It came down to the wire, but she finally got one last night. We went down to our property we purchased this summer to hunt. The guy who sold it to us told us it is the best hunting in Wyoming and that the state record elk and deer came out of there. Man, he wasn't kidding! We rode a mile and elk were everywhere. They were basically everywhere you looked with so many bull elk it was ridicoulous. She stalked a nice cow (bull season was over), one shot, dropped it. We packed in out on horse and that was that. Elk steaks for dinner!
I will never hunt in my old area again. Our land in private access and no one can hunt there except the 4 home owners and there are 100,000's of acres just for us! We were jokingly calling it "the Peason's Private Hunting Reserve". Most bulls that come out of there score over 320. Anyone game for next year?
John, mot to be an Elk Pig; but I hope I am still first in line!

DonCig

Donziweasel
11-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Don.
I will have your application waiting for ya when you come in January! I am dead serious! You will be amazed at our property and the amount of elk. I don't think any out of staters really apply for that area, so you should draw. Make room in you freezer for a 800 pound bull elk and tell the taxidermy man your bringing him a monster!

cutwater
11-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Okay John, I've heard enough! What is the application process for out-of-staters? I think I'm going to plan on making the trip next fall.

John

Donziweasel
11-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Cutwater, you are more than welcome to come hunt. I will get the applications as soon as they are ready and will fax them to ya. You can apply for moose, deer, elk, and antelope. Maybe you and Don could come at the same time. :) I guarantee you will go home with an elk scoring over 310 and 400 pounds of sweet elk meat.