PDA

View Full Version : 67 14' Donzi Baby on Ebay (not mine)

Rob M
11-05-2007, 05:49 AM
I think this boat was on Boattraderonline a few years back...cool boat...hard to find...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-DONZI-PERFORMANCE-BOAT-RARE-CLASSIC-FEW-MADE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31271QQihZ010QQite mZ200170386834QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

rr1048
11-05-2007, 02:22 PM
This boat and owner are a prime example of the term caveat emptor! I won a bid on this boat in December 2004 for $12,500. We I arrived to pick up the boat and it was a fraud. The boat was totally misrepresented and was a piece of junk. These are a few of the problems that we found.
1. The bottom of the boat had a piece of duct tape on the inside and outside where the seat bottom had broken from pounding and cracked the bottom.
Under the seat was also covered with blistered paint
2. Under the seat cushion that was trashed moisture bubbles covered the seat area.
3. The deck had scratches everywhere. This was going to require the entire boat to be completely stripped and repainted to return the vessel to the condition that was represented to be.
4. The outdrive was a pos. It was heavily corroded and the bottom skeg was broken off from hitting a submerged object. On the lower unit housing someone had drilled and screwed 2 stainless steel Phillips head screws into each side of the lower unit to hold the “carrier bearing assembly” together with the housing. This meant that the lower unit was serious compromised.
5. After finally getting the engine started we discovered that the engine cylinder block was cracked in numerous places. This was evidentially caused from the engine not being maintained properly and breaking from freezing water. We decided to start the engine again to observe the damage and it was spraying water out like a “yard sprinkler!” The seller’s response was that "You can just weld the side of the block we have done it many times on other engines!”
This boat was totally misrepresented and after discovering the problems we were still interested in the boat but not willing to pay the full price because of all the repairs that were required to make it sea worthy. The owner told us too bad pay the $12,500 or walk and we ran.
I have over 300 eBay feedbacks with only 1 negative feedback. It was this dishonest guy. It cost us over $1000 and a total waste of time. I worked with ebay to have some action taken and it was another waste of time. You will notice this guy does not have any negative feedback under his id. That was because he had a friend list the boat and avoided the feedback. Check out his friend’s feedback and you will see.
BEWARE - HARD TO WORK WITH EBAYER!
Seller: eddies_tennis_girl ( 211 )
Dec-12-04 12:16 -- (#4500768371)

If you have any questions please contact me and I can be more specific on the boat. Randy:shocking: