PDA

View Full Version : Divorce Sale - 1990 Black Widow 24'

joel3078
11-04-2007, 01:07 PM
I have to sell this boat (divorce sale)
It's 20K or best offer.
I am also willing to deliver for FREE within 1,000 miles of Minnesota.
1990 hull with 1993 engine and 1993 outdrive
Chevy 454 365hp and King Cobra I/O - the one with the hump on top.
Since I bout it 3 years ago, I have done the following:

New upholstery in interior (snap in carpet, cuddy, and front seats are still original and in very good shape)
Wet sand and buff - red shines up nice
New snap cockpit cover AND new extended width full body cover - covers entire sides
New mirror in engine hatch
New trailer with surge disk brakes all 4 wheels and electric reverse lockout
New seals, gaskets, all bellows, water impeller, etc. in out drive
New dashboard with gauges and new "black box" control module for engine. - These are spares and were never installed
Engine is estimated at 350 hours. No hour meter however you can eat off of it - very clean for age. Compression is 150 or 155psi on all 8 cylinders
I have factory service and parts manuals and all paperwork from original sale in Ohio.
I also have a bunch of donzi brochures, and a 1 of a kind donzi banner from the original dealer in Ohio.

Everything works great. I just can't afford to keep it anymore.
What's left to do is simple body work for crazing and the typical stress cracks on the upper deck below windshield. Light dock rash on rear starboard.
PM or Email me back if you are interested and I will send you pics.
If you are on a high speed connection, I can send you a link so you can download a home movie of the boat running.
Thanks for your consideration - JE

chappy
11-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry you have to part with your boat.:( It looks great in all the pics. Best of luck with the sale and everything else.:crossfing:
Rich

needadonzi
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Sell the house, keep the boat. You can sleep on the boat, but you can't drive the house.

joel3078
11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks guys. I'd have to drive about a thousand miles to be able to sleep in the boat. No heat, ice on small ponds is just starting to form overnite, and the campsites up here are closed for the season. I got a kick out of a couple guys used their cuddy boats as campers when I was staying at KOA this summer on my cross country motorcycle trip.

In all honesty boat is about a 8 out of 10 and just sits on the trailer since it's been new in 1990. I bought it from the orginal owner and know it's history. She just doesn't get used but maybe a few times each year. I tell onlookers at the docks/marina that it's a 2003 and Donzi doesn't make it anymore as it was a 3 year limited production run and an experiment in Italian styling. :wink:

SilverBack
12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Wejust had a very bad storm come through town and it blew down a couple of 90' pine trees that took out my shop and cut my Donzi in half.:nilly::eek!::shocking: I am in the market!!! Let me know if your boat is still for sale. 601-823-4846

joel3078
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Hey what the hell happened here. Looks like a brand new website.

Yes this boat is still for sale. It's in winterized condition at the moment and the lakes are a little stiff to say the least. You guys down south are now into your great boating weather. I'd melt like a bar of chocolate in the summer. :shocking: I'll give you a call in the morning as it's Sunday nite now - don't want to call too late.

I am just selling the boat due to finances and wanting to downsize. We didn't use the cuddy and want to get into a 16 or 18 classic as the next one.

joel3078
12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Sale pending to 502stang. Congrats Keith! Say prayers for us that mother nature cooperates so we can close the deal. Actually, mother nature brought us together. Gotta love or hate those storms depending on what side of the fence you're on.