PDA

View Full Version : spitfire for sale

Donziweasel
11-04-2007, 07:19 AM
ebay-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-DONZI-SPITFIRE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31271QQihZ002Q QitemZ120179496161QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Boatnuts
11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Based on age and condition you are way over priced when you compare to the Spitfire sold on here last summer.

chappy
11-05-2007, 11:04 AM
It's not John's boat, he is just passing on the information because it's a rare boat, but thanks for the gentle critique.:D
Rich

Boatnuts
11-05-2007, 02:22 PM
I was not trying to offend anyone on here. Figured maybe he hadn't noticed the beauty that sold on here a few months back. I was a few hours late making my interest known to the seller at that time.

chappy
11-05-2007, 02:54 PM
I was not trying to offend anyone on here. Figured maybe he hadn't noticed the beauty that sold on here a few months back. I was a few hours late making my interest known to the seller at that time.

You picked the right word, "Beauty". That Spitfire was awesome.:yes: If I remember correctly, the seller received numerous pm's and emails, there was a long line for that one.

Rich

superhatz
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
$9K seems like a fair price for a rare beautiful boat like that......I'm surprised it hasn't been snapped up.

:)

Lenny
11-06-2007, 01:35 AM
That's because some of us are thinking 700BHP Panteras (cars) and "other" stuff...(floating)

:)

On the fence, Lenny ;)

olredalert
11-06-2007, 07:57 AM
------I have several of the missing mechanical peices for this Spitfire cheap if it helps anyone make up thier minds...........Bill S

Sweet little 16
11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
the hubby and I were after one of these rare gems, but remembering our childhood and a neighbor who had one with twin 375hp and speedmaster volvos that couldn't break 65 mph and seeing that spirit recently with warmed up 383's on ebay recently that was a high 50's boat these things must weigh 3 tons I know they ride awesome but sorry in the 24 foot range there are faster single engine boats that ride just as well if not better and in today market with prices of gas and maint. the rare thing doesn't cut it

I mean at the docks the conversation must be brutal
wow a 24 with twins this thing must fly like 70 75 mph???

no

really what 75 80 mph???

no like 55- 60 mph!!!!!

we are thinking pantera but not the kind with wheels
ooooohhhh nooo i said the p word :nilly: that should get me some bad rep points and the old timer's depends in a knot
but unless donzi comes along with a bigger classic what's a traditional deep vee boating family going to do???

olredalert
11-06-2007, 10:01 AM
------From experience I can tell you definitively that any 24 DONZI without trim will not be a terribly fast boat. Your friends boat with the "speedmaster" Volvos didnt have trim. Because it was only capable 65 or so the good lower units didnt help the boat. They dont do much good until about 70 Im told. You are right, 24s are heavy boats. They have alot of wetted hull. When you can get less wetted hull the boats will go faster. My El Pescador has decidedly low power twin 250hp,two-barrel 350s with Alphas and when trimmed will run 63/64 with the only set of props I have ever had on it at about 4700rpm. When I get my new project (Spitfire) wet next summer it will have the original TRS drives with nosecones and app. 420hp twin 383s. I am looking for around 75ish. It will do it, trust me. Ask the Poodle how 24s react to a bit of trim. He has hands on experience at the helm of my boat.......Yes there are faster 24s out there, but they are probably wetter, worse in big water, and they just dont have the right name on the title!!!!!!!!!!.........Bill S

chappy
11-06-2007, 10:07 AM
but unless donzi comes along with a bigger classic what's a traditional deep vee boating family going to do???

Buy Cuda's 302 Formula. Great boat, great price.

Rich

superhatz
11-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah....I'd rather go 65 in a Spitfire (or my Magnum for that matter) than 75 in some newer "pile"...........:)

Sweet little 16
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
well then there 's boat in ct with your name on it

olredalert
11-06-2007, 11:24 AM
------Sweet,,,,,,We wernt trying to back-sass ya. I can see why you would consider another boat. The current Spit for sale is a massive undertaking. I am actually considering buying it solely for parts. But you have to either live with a 24 DONZI for awhile or talk to someone who has (in the last ten years) to get good advice. If the guy in Minnesota had asked someone who knew or been willing to spend the money to upgrade the drives on his 24 he might not have had it on E-bay. Hey,,,I like Volvo drives but the old untrimmable ones, even with e-drives just arent suited for a 24 DONZI..........Bill S