PDA

View Full Version : 1968 18 project boat

Donziweasel
11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
on ebay-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-DONZI-18ft-Classic-Project-Boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31270QQihZ011QQite mZ320175881884QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

vonkamp
11-01-2007, 05:58 PM
I saw that a couple days ago. I'm kind of happy that the bidding has gone over $3100 for a resto project. There are several other Donzi's going for what appears to be good money. Seems that older Donzi values are (rightfully) on a upswing lately.

Donzi Racer
11-01-2007, 07:05 PM
I saw that a couple days ago. I'm kind of happy that the bidding has gone over $3100 for a resto project. There are several other Donzi's going for what appears to be good money. Seems that older Donzi values are (rightfully) on a upswing lately.
Yea Me too, as far as seeing things on an upswing. I think the older ones are starting to get more attention. Not near what they should get but getting better. The Donzi Registry which has so much education available helps tremendously. The more people learn, the higher the prices go. At least that is the way it is in the antique furniture business. Hope it works that way for Donzi's sooner or later. I have felt for quite a while that the older classics don't bring anywhere close to what they would if they were classic muscle cars, or motorcycles. Maybe with the crazy prices we see at Barrett Jackson car auctions lately we should start marketing them as Classic Muscle Boats. Yep, I like that. I think the person wants 6500 to 7500 for this resto boat. Now wouldn't that be something to see? Tom

Donziweasel
11-01-2007, 08:28 PM
It seems to boost price as a collectable, the original must be discontinued or drastically changed. Thank god Donzi did niether!