PDA

View Full Version : Problems on the Canal

p729lws
10-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Last night over cocktails I pointed out to Laura that a neighbors boat was showing a couple inches of "water line" and must be resting on the bottom as the canal was as low as I've seen it this fall. Here's what it looked like in the morning. It's an express cruiser in the 26'-28' range and is less than 2-years old.:eek!:

McGary911
10-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Ugh. That sux. I guess it was resting on it's keel, and the water got so low it tipped over and dunked? That's a shame.

p729lws
10-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Ugh. That sux. I guess it was resting on it's keel, and the water got so low it tipped over and dunked? That's a shame.

I think the canal only got low enough to show a couple inches of "water line" so I'm guessing he holed it. He keeps the drive full down and Barry Eller mentioned that might cause enough damage to sink it. I don't pay much attention to cruisers but I think it was a SeaRay or a Bayliner (Canal-Liner now).

Dan

BUIZILLA
10-30-2007, 08:12 PM
with all the rain you guys had lately, i'd say it kept the bilge pump running on and off until the battery's died, then filled up and rolled over... there is no cockpit cover visible..

p729lws
10-30-2007, 09:09 PM
with all the rain you guys had lately, i'd say it kept the bilge pump running on and off until the battery's died, then filled up and rolled over... there is no cockpit cover visible..

Could be. We got around 2' of rain within 36 hours the week before last when we had the torandos. :eek: The batteries may have died then. It didn't go down until last night though and I don't recall it sitting low in the water last week. Time will tell...

Funny story, the boat house isn't wide enough for the boat and when he first got it the boat sat with the bow wedged into the boat house for a few weeks. Then it got moved along the side of the boat house were it lies now. Don't know why he never had the boat house reconfigured for the boat.

The previous owner of the house had a 21' dual console boat named "Legasea" w/ the number 3 next to it.

Dan