PDA

View Full Version : Paging Shanghied Again

The Hedgehog
10-29-2007, 08:25 AM
I am looking for Frank. I hear that he may know a few things about 26ZX's and high hp. I know that his personal boat has 600hp but figured that he heard about higher hp applications. Was wondering about how 800+ hp would work out in this boat. All indications so far seem to be favorable. Tex is running around 750 in has 27ZX with similar steps and it seems to like it. He is running smooth at 85. His boat walks around and hops in the high 70's but settles down after that.

I have seen discussion of the 26ZX doing around 83 with a true 690 hp and stock lower.

Also wondering if anyone has used an extension box on this boat.

LKSD
10-30-2007, 06:41 AM
It has been done. The boat is good with higher hp. I have about 625 in mine now & it still handles like a dream. I am still propping up as I easily blow out 32's..

What are you looking to acomplish? After a certain point bigger tabs are a help, also you will need hydraulic steering if you plan to run that fast.. Are you thinking of swapping engines? :D :D Jamie / Lakeside

The Hedgehog
10-30-2007, 08:12 AM
It has been done. The boat is good with higher hp. I have about 625 in mine now & it still handles like a dream. I am still propping up as I easily blow out 32's..
What are you looking to acomplish? After a certain point bigger tabs are a help, also you will need hydraulic steering if you plan to run that fast.. Are you thinking of swapping engines? :D :D Jamie / Lakeside

Now you don't think that I would let that nice ProCharger setup that I bought from you go to waste do you? Especially a M-3 with that big intercooler that is capable of making a bunch more boost. That might work mighty nice with a 540, some blower pistons, heavy duty valve train......etc.

No, I would not dream of such a combo without all the goodies, twin ram full hyrdraulic steering, beefed up XR, and the works.