PDA

View Full Version : For all you Boomers out there, enjoy.

CHACHI
10-26-2007, 06:22 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe5w0_ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis

Hope you like it.
Ken

Surfer
10-26-2007, 07:59 AM
I mixed Jerry Lee at a Donzi Dealer meeting seven or eight years ago. His band played for forty five minuets, Jerry Lee came in, played for about twenty and left the building. He wasn't anywhere near as good as the video, and it cost Donzi $25,000.

Ed Donnelly
10-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Thank You Ken................Ed

gold-n-rod
10-26-2007, 07:50 PM
That was awesome, Kenny. Thanks for sharing it.

I thought for a minute that was Rod Stewart jamming, but evidently it's Ron Wood.

1986... damn, 22 years ago. I'd sure like to have those 22 years back. You?

:cool:

CHACHI
10-27-2007, 02:28 PM
That was awesome, Kenny. Thanks for sharing it.

You are very welcome.

1986... damn, 22 years ago. I'd sure like to have those 22 years back. You?
:cool:

Some days yes, others...........life isn't that bad now.

Ken

jl1962
10-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Very cool - thanks!

I'm not a boomer but I appreciate the classics (Donzi and otherwise). I saw Rockin' Jerry Lee From Memphis, Tennessee - or so he says - about 20 years ago on New Year's Eve in NYC. He was ferocious! Came out at the stroke of midnight, played all the hits, glowered, scowled and then kicked his piano bench over and threw it into the crowd. Very rock and roll! He's had a tough life - pretty much everybody near and dear to him died young and tragically. He believes he's being punished for his evil ways!

Too bad we can't really hear Woody.

McGary911
10-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Not really my generation, but a stint doing the morning show at an oldies radio station exposed me to a lot of stuff i normally wouldn't have listened to. Jerry Lee Lewis was one of the ones I liked. I really like how you could hear him literally beat the crap out of the piano when he played.

I have a lifetime subscription to Rolling Stone ($45, great deal)....They did this write up on him a bit back. Gives you a good picture of the guy:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/11943237/jerry_lee_lewis_the_return_of_the_killer