PDA

View Full Version : Well, that was fun

Cuda
10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I changed my port side battery this morning in the Formula. It went pretty well, I only dropped one washer in the bilge, and about a quart of blood.:mad:
And best of all, now I'm not sure if the battery was dead:bonk:

ChromeGorilla
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Damn Joe!!! Was that washer made of gold..... I reckon I might of had to just leave that lil sucker in the bilge.... :eek!:

But you know what they say bout them older folk..... just plain stubborn....:wink:

MOP
10-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Job like that deserves a swerve!

Cuda
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Job like that deserves a swerve!

As a matter of fact, I was just sitting here thinking the same thing!

It IS Wednesday night, ladie's night at the bar, and maybe some croaking if I catch a good buzz.

It's been months since I've had a decent swerve on, and I don't have anywhere I need to be in the morning.:wink:

MOP
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
As a matter of fact, I was just sitting here thinking the same thing!
It IS Wednesday night, ladie's night at the bar, and maybe some croaking if I catch a good buzz.
It's been months since I've had a decent swerve on, and I don't have anywhere I need to be in the morning.:wink:

Rrya tuning up as you type? Amazing just how thin skinned we get as we mature!

catch 22
10-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I changed my port side battery this morning in the Formula. It went pretty well, I only dropped one washer in the bilge, and about a quart of blood.:mad:
And best of all, now I'm not sure if the battery was dead:bonk:
:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Last Tango
10-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Joe,
FYI, they make a little gizmo that looks like a fancy pen, extends like the shaft on an umbrella, and has a mighty fine magnet on the end. Check your tool box...

I don't know what a swerve is, but a couple stitches seemed in order.

Cuda
10-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Joe,
FYI, they make a little gizmo that looks like a fancy pen, extends like the shaft on an umbrella, and has a mighty fine magnet on the end. Check your tool box...
I don't know what a swerve is, but a couple stitches seemed in order.
I have a magnet on a flexible stick, but I wasn't after the washer, I did that putting the battery in. Besides, a magnet won't work on stainless steel. :)

vonkamp
10-24-2007, 09:33 PM
I dread that job on my Aquasport, I end up looking the same way. A few years ago a thief was so kind as to do half the job for me :yes:. What an idiot, stainless steel prop with 1 cotter pin & 1 nut and he goes for a couple of near dead batteries. :confused::confused:

Cuda
10-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I dread that job on my Aquasport, I end up looking the same way. A few years ago a thief was so kind as to do half the job for me :yes:. What an idiot, stainless steel prop with 1 cotter pin & 1 nut and he goes for a couple of near dead batteries. :confused::confused:
It's not hard at all in my fishboat. I have two bait boxes at the transom, that you can pull out. The battery is under one, and the oil tank is under the other. I don't remember ever having a dead battery in that boat, but I must have had one or two. I know it's not the original battery. :)

I need to start it up the next couple of days. I haven't run it in months and months. :(

I bet I can go out there, pump the bulb a couple of times, and it will fire right up. :)

VetteLT193
10-25-2007, 07:40 AM
And what the heck is the deal with batteries? We can put a man on the moon, but can't make a boat battery that weighs less than a freaking ton.

I was moving batteries around between the Minx and my brother's 22 this weekend and have some battle scars too. Nothing like you have though:eek!: