PDA

View Full Version : back in the saddle and hunting....

Donziweasel
10-17-2007, 07:03 AM
after weeks of injuries, and against dr. buizilla's advice, i finally got back in the game. my back has been healing nicely as has my hand. i had a "super splint" made for the hand to really protect it in case of a mishap.

went in to hunting camp on friday, but did not hunt on sat due to my back was still kinda sore. finally, after three weeks, i got to hunt and ride on sun. didn't see any elk. monday, got up and went for it again. about 20 min after it got light enough to see, we got on 6 elk with a huge bull in front. perfect setup as they were in a meadow feeding toward a pine grove. we started working our way on foot around the grove so when they came out on the other side we would be waiting for the perfect shot. unfortunatly, we spooked a moose and she ran right at the elk sending them into the timber. oh well.

took tuesday off to let my back rest as we had ridden pretty hard on mon. i can not tell you how good it felt to be back on my horse, hunting and riding again after spending three weeks on the sidelines. heading back in on thursday till next tuesday. forecast is for snow in the mountains for the next 5 days. perfect elk hunting weather! here are a few pics of camp and hunting.