PDA

View Full Version : Identity theft

BUIZILLA
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
yup...:mad: happened again.... :mad:

this time was almost a wipeout...

did you know that if you know anybody's bank information you can order checks on the internet in THEIR NAME, using a credit card (even a stolen card), and have them delivered to your door overnight??

4 weeks ago my banker, of a 28 year great relationship, called me and said come right over, we have a surprise you just won't believe, bring your company checkbook with you, we need to see it NOW.... so, I jump in my truck...

seems someone took my company bank info., and used the VP of my banks name, and the bank address, and had over 200 checks printed in neato little wallet booklets of 20 checks each. The check printer co. is in Colorado Springs, and does internet only orders. No proof of anything is needed, fill in an online form, and presto you have checks in 72 hours to your door. Thru a miraculous saving grace screwup, the printer sent the checks to my bank, in the officers name, by FedEx, instead of the cardholders address because of a clerical error on the shipping label, it should have gone to Texas... I personally inspected exactly 200 ready to use blank checks. I had the bank officials, Federal Reserve, and FBI alerted, and we started an internal bank investigation. The bank is 100% clean in this, good people. Welp, 2 weeks later I get info of the cardholders account number, and transaction number and date (Labor Day weekend), but they (the check printer) refused to give me, or the Federal Reserve, or the bank investigators, the cardholder(s) name or billing address info. I need a subpoena from the Police served on the credit card company for that. So, I am going to file a NEW Police Report and petition them to investigate, and get a subpoena. Bank's hands are tied, nothing they can do, and they can't, in reality. They (Police) then told me it would take over a year to get on the case due to their white collar crime backload, and since no-one got hurt, or money's weren't lost yet, it wasn't a priority with them.... at all. Yawn...

So, I had to come up with a quick 6 figure cash infusion to open a new business account number, and try to close the old one, until all outstanding checks clear, then the old money can intermingle again and i'm safe. My business credit card provider and account numbers had to be changed as well. The bank even sent an attorney, with a letter last week, to have me sign papers that they weren't liable, even though their officers name was on the checks with my company account number, and their ABH number.

Just ducky.. :bonk:

So, last week I got a Fla. Insurance License to sell Identity Theft and PrePaid legal insurance plans, if for no other reason than for myself. It saved my ass in June with the Visa deal in Lake George. Thru several conversations with friends and customers last week, I now have 68 people I can sign up for potential memberships in just the first week, in Miami, Ft Lauderdale, WPB, Orlando, Clearwater, Jax. and Tampa. I'm going on a mission. Go me.

Trust me sports fans, sign up now. If your in Fla, call ME.

Did you also know that Visa recently changed over 4 MILLION account numbers due to internal theft??? check your Visa statements if you got new cards in the last 30-45 days... the new interest rate is about 32.3% regardless of what your old one was... unless you hammer them after the fact... which I did... did you also know that Flying J Travel Centers recently told Visa to take a hike nationwide, on truck fuel purchases?? Visa has HUGE problems with internal security..

LKSD
10-15-2007, 06:52 AM
OMG.. I cant believe you have to go thru this stuff again :eek!:... Jamie