PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get their Hotmail account 'jacked?

gold-n-rod
10-14-2007, 04:29 PM
My password won't work to access my Hotmail account and the "secret" answer won't work, either.

I used the account at my Dad's yesterday, but didn't save the password on his computer. I've accessed it from here this am, but not now.

Maybe something on MSN/Hotmail is AFU?

Any ideas?

Trueser
10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Possibly a key logger grabbed your password. Does your Dad use dial-up? Most likely a AOHELL user.

I would run Spyware latest version on his and see what it finds. Free download. what kind of Virus program is he running?

Good luck

gold-n-rod
10-15-2007, 08:17 PM
UPDATE - So, not only did my Hotmail get 'jacked......... so did my eBay account. Today, some asswipe 'jacked my account and started selling women's boots. From the UK for Crissakes.

I contacted eBay immediately and they shut down the 9 bogus auctions....... and my account. I had well over 200 transactions and 147 positive feedbacks (100%). Bastage.

So, I reckon I have to start over as a newbie and will waste all of the hard, honest work I put out.

Best I can tell, it's in my dad's computer. I logged into both Hotmail and eBay from his machine over the weekend. I also dealt with a killer spyware assault a few weeks back, so it could have begun there.

Fortunately, I had a bad feeling about my Hotmail getting 'jacked and changed my eBay email. That's what alerted me. Also, my PayPay was unaffected. Needless to say, I've changed logins and passwords.

Go to school on me, boys!!!!!!!!!!!!

gold-n-rod
10-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Tuesday's UPDATE - I got an email from eBay with a link to a live chat with a REAL person. Conner helped me get my account reestablished and to clear my name of the 9 bogus auctions.

I'm back to where I was before I got 'jacked. :)

Now, I wonder how to find a real person at Microsoft to help me get my 'jacked Hotmail account back? :bonk: I'm not holding my breath.