PDA

View Full Version : Trim pump bracket

brwn234
10-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Mine is rusty and ugly. I want to replace it with a stainless one. Are they all the same for mercs or do I need to look for a specific one. Its for a 00 22zx, bravo I.
Also What type of grease should I lube the fitting on the side of the drive with. Are there any other fittings I should hit before winter or for regular maint?

zimm17
10-14-2007, 08:11 AM
I just installed a Hardin marine stainless bracket this summer. It's a very nice piece, heavy duty, and has threaded inserts welded in already for the bolts on the relay.

I think all the bravo style pumps are the same, there are plenty of holes on the bracket for everything to fit into. In fact mine is so sturdy, I clamped my 15 pound sea strainer to it!

The holes on the bottom didn't line up with my 1988 trim pump bracket so I made new holes and used stainless bolts and ny-loc nuts.

Highly recommend.

http://www.hardin-marine.com/detail~ID~1067.aspx

gcarter
10-14-2007, 10:26 AM
It's a shame that Brian Kamrath took his own life as he made some of the nicest brackets anywhere.
http://victorytrimtabs.com/productsBrackets.htm
I used the one on the left. It required one of the older pumps that had the solenoids attached to the motor but it's extremely neat and was great for mounting on the transom.

brwn234
10-14-2007, 01:48 PM
gcarter, I was looking at the one you had listed above. Looks nice and the most affordable I've seen. They're not made anymore? Cant order them?

gcarter
10-14-2007, 01:59 PM
The owner of the company, Brian Kamrath, suffered from depression and took his own life. It was a one man operation. You can contract his brother and he'll sell you the business.
Brian was a brilliant artisan. What a shame. I'm grateful every day I don't suffer from his demons.
He would make anything for you. You just had to be patient. In fact, the prototype of the aforementioned bracket was built for me.

Newby
10-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I have one from an ebay purchase. Worked great! It may have come from ebasicpower.com

fasttrucker
10-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I replaced my bracket.I think I bought it from teague or cp performance?