PDA

View Full Version : 22zx Seats

brwn234
10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
The front seats in my 22zx are wobbly. It feels cheap and makes your think the seat is gonna brake. Its not the pedestals, its where seat meets the adjustable mount. The problems is the seat frame is plastic and it flexs. I thought about upgrading to drop bolsters but thats too much dough, also I think the cabin is too shalow and it would be awkward standing.
I think what I'm gonna do is use some 3/8 to 1/2 alluminum plate 1'x1'. Mount that to the bottom of the plastic seat frame and try to stiffen it up with a stronger/bigger platform. Any thoughts or ideas? Anybody else have this problem or tried to fix it before?

brwn234
10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
No responses. Well I did a search in the forum about this same topic and found the same thing. If it's not about installing bolsters nobody has anything to say. I know that alot of other 22zx owners have issues with the rocking and unsteadiness of the seats. I'll post my results after I try modifying them.

Donzi LG
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Mine are the same way, not super sturdy like yours. For me, the boat simply isn't big enough for bolsters. I drive seated most of the time. I'm interested to hear how yours come out, good luck!

mrfixxall
10-17-2007, 09:47 AM
No responses. Well I did a search in the forum about this same topic and found the same thing. If it's not about installing bolsters nobody has anything to say. I know that alot of other 22zx owners have issues with the rocking and unsteadiness of the seats. I'll post my results after I try modifying them.

i think it was shanghide that modified his 22zx for bolsters,,you may wan to pm him..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45595&highlight=22zx+bolster+seats

Boatclinic
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I Have Built new seats for the 22ZX and the old ones were pretty thin Plastic on the bottom area, The Guy foam filled the Injection molded seat to increase strength but it didnt work. I Built them with a new plastic Injection Molded seat, new firmer foam and then did the ZX Logo in the seats, They are pretty much the same Except I added a Flip up front that gives you a boost when you just want to dock or look over windscreen, Will post picts when I am at work. They are much more solid seats and my customer loved the fact I added lumbar support to the back. They fit on your 2 7/8 Pedestal Base
Don
or you could E-Mail me and I will send picts, in case I forget!! :bonk:
Boatclinic@aol.com

Boatclinic
10-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Here are the picts of 22zx seats with flip up thigh rise fronts, see what you think!! By the way the blue inserts weren't attached yet.
Don

brwn234
12-31-2007, 12:38 AM
We'll I've only done the passenger front seat so far. It tightened it up considerably but it's still not rock solid. But I intend the do the driver seat the same way. I just placed a piece of alluminum plate in between the adjustable slider platform and the foam injected plastic seat frame. I found the alluminum but it might be kinda expensive if you have to buy it. I'll try to remember to take pictures when I do the next seat close to spring.

BigGrizzly
12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Brown, My son's is the same. FrankC made his a bolster set up. The mount is the problem. A four corner mount would be the ticket.