PDA

View Full Version : customer service MYCO

need for speed
10-12-2007, 09:19 PM
I can tell you I have never seen a company with such great customer service once you get your point across.!!:wink: I had a few issues with my trailer, and they did a super job ! even to the point of comming 120 miles to pick it up and give me a trailer to use for a few days! The people at myco did everything to make me happy! Many people could learn from them!

Anyone thinking of a trailer and you want super help if you need anything think Myco!

roadtrip se
10-12-2007, 09:45 PM
worked out Charles.

I would buy another MYCO in a heartbeat.

Cuda
10-13-2007, 09:43 AM
I would think they should, since they cost twice as much as any other trailer. Just for the record, I've never had any aluminum trailer fail on me, so I've never had the need to test any other trailer builder's customer service. For that price, you'd think they could build a damn trailer that wouldn't break.

Cuda
10-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I have a Fastload Trailer under my fishboat, that I bought brand new with the boat in 1988. I replaced the springs and axle (the steel parts) in 1998, recovered the bunks in about 2002, and put new fenders on it, just because mine had been bent from being tagged by other trailers in parking lots over the years. The bunks were as solid as the day it was sold. It's been used in about 98% salt water, and I have never had to test Fastload's customer service.

I had a Quickload trailer custom built in 2003 for my Formula 302. I paid $3500 for it, with triple torsion axles, flush kit, and all stainless fasteners. I ordered it on a Monday, and picked it up that Friday. The boat fit perfectly, now THAT'S what I call great customer service.

I bet a tandem axle Myco for a 22 Classic cost damn near twice that much.

If you ask me, Myco is just selling high because of the name on it.

Cuda
10-13-2007, 09:56 AM
While I'm on my Myco rant, I bought a new 24 foot aluminum Continental Trailer in 2001, with 5200 pound capacity, and a 20,000 pound coupler for $1750.

MOP
10-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Get Em Joe they can keep those tin painted ones, they are even heavier then aluminum. That alone makes buying one a big NOT. I beam aluminum is the only sane way to go!

glashole
10-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I also have an aluminum I beam fastload trailer

trailer works great minimal issues

however

I tried forever to get them to send me a letter stating there were no recalls (needed to clear customs in canada) on it for about 2 months :mad:

it took e-mails and faxes every other day and continuous phone calls etc

real pain

trailer is awesome though:)

MOP
10-13-2007, 02:46 PM
As many of you know this old fart has been in the boat business most of my life, a paint trailers have a habit of letting you down at the worst times with absolutely no warning. We have several members that will attest to that!!! They were the only thing around years back, we used to foam the tubes which helped a lot. Never understood why the factories never did it, I guess planned obsolescence.

Cuda
10-13-2007, 04:46 PM
As many of you know this old fart has been in the boat business most of my life, a paint trailers have a habit of letting you down at the worst times with absolutely no warning. We have several members that will attest to that!!! They were the only thing around years back, we used to foam the tubes which helped a lot. Never understood why the factories never did it, I guess planned obsolescence.
That's true on steel trailers, I believe they are talking about Myco aluminum trailers here. Steel trailers rust from the inside out. My dad had an old steel trailer that he kept in great shape. There wasn't even any surface rust on it, when I took it out one time, and the tongue broke in half at the boat launch. I looked around, found a couple of 2x4's on the side of the road, jacked up where the tongue was broken, put 2x4's on both sides of the tongue, took the anchor line, wrapped it round and round the 2x4s and broken tongue to make a splint, then pulled it home. :)

DONZI
10-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Here's a pic. of Charles 1st Class rig.:yes:
We hope to see ya again nxt yr. Charles.

need for speed
10-13-2007, 09:31 PM
cool pic! Next year for sure:wink:

yeller
10-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I would think they should, since they cost twice as much as any other trailer. Yes, but they sure look good! :yes:
Full length too, which all trailers should be. I'm not sure what it's like back east, but here on the west, I'd never seen a boat trailer that wasn't full length. Also had never seen an alumimum boat trailer. Everything is steel, or galvanized steel for the salt. :canada:
The cost of a Myco doesn't seem too high to me. Isn't Need's trailer about $5k. That's close to what you'd pay for a decent tandem galvanized steel one here that's outfitted like the Myco. My last trailer for my 16 was $4k. Single axle, painted/galvanized steel.

gcarter
10-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes, but they sure look good! :yes:
Full length too, which all trailers should be. I'm not sure what it's like back east, but here on the west, I'd never seen a boat trailer that wasn't full length. Also had never seen an alumimum boat trailer. Everything is steel, or galvanized steel for the salt. :canada:
The cost of a Myco doesn't seem too high to me. Isn't Need's trailer about $5k. That's close to what you'd pay for a decent tandem galvanized steel one here that's outfitted like the Myco. My last trailer for my 16 was $4k. Single axle, painted/galvanized steel.
Glen, MP will sell you a Continental full length aluminum w/disk brakes set up for your boat for about $3,500.00 ( I think). You could take the difference and come to Florida and see us.:):yes:

yeller
10-14-2007, 02:04 PM
You could take the difference and come to Florida and see us.Careful what you say George, I might just take you up on that. :wink:
I really would like to get another trailer, but Bobi wouldn't understand.....and she scares me. :biggrin.::biggrin.:

Cuda
10-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Yes, but they sure look good! :yes:
The only things that are steel on the Quickload I bought for the Formula, are the axles, springs, and brakes, and I paid $3500 for it, 10,500# capacity, triple torsion axles, flush kit, , all stainless fasteners. The only thing I cheaped out on were the brakes. I just couldn't justify the cost of stainless brakes.

In my opionion, if the trailer can get your boat from your driveway, to the boat launch and back without failing, that's all it can do. I think I called Myco about a trailer for it, but I don't remember the exact number they quoted me, because I immediately dismissed that idea. I lived in Pinellas County when I bought the trailer, and right in the Tampa Bay area must be the trailer building capitol of the world. There are LOTS of trailer builders within about a 50 mile radius. Myco too, I think.

roadtrip se
10-14-2007, 04:37 PM
on this thread is pretty, darn right obnoxious and on the verge of ignorance.

MYCO is a great company with great service. They DO NOT TRADE just on their name. Anybody who has owned one knows it.

The price premium was about 25% when I ordered mine compared to other similarily equppied trailers with similar options.

My trailer has several unique features that make it a dream to pull, including having the wheels under the heaviest part of the boat, THE ENGINE, as opposed to somewhere under the cockpit. This, combined with the wider track, make the boat think it is longer than it is and track better going down the highway.

I have owned four of these trailers since 1996. When I have had service issues, which all trailers do if you go farther than your back yard, I get taken care of. There customer service is exceptional. Was I happy about what happended with my trailer last year? NO. Was I happy about how MYCO reacted? YES. Charles appearantly is too.

Is it a coincidence that there are so many OLs, Cigs, big ZRs, and Fountains riding on Myco trailers? I think the word would get out, if it was all about trading on the name.

I have the luxury of owning one of the most expensive 22 performance boats on the market. There are several cheaper 22 performance boats that could get me out on the water, for 25-50% less. I chose the Donzi and I chose to put a MYCO under it.

Cuda
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Is it a coincidence that there are so many OLs, Cigs, big ZRs, and Fountains riding on Myco trailers? I think the word would get out, if it was all about trading on the name.
I have the luxury of owning one of the most expensive 22 performance boats on the market. There are several cheaper 22 performance boats that could get me out on the water, for 25-50% less. I chose the Donzi and I chose to put a MYCO under it.
I stand by my opinion. Do you think it's coincidence that people that buy name brand boats, probably based on the name, also buy the name brand trailer, although there is no difference between it and other non-Myco trailers other than the sticker?

If you consider that ignorance, so be it. Do all your shirts say Izod on them also?:confused:

roadtrip se
10-14-2007, 06:21 PM
I stand by my opinion. Do you think it's coincidence that people that buy name brand boats, probably based on the name, also buy the name brand trailer, although there is no difference between it and other non-Myco trailers other than the sticker?
If you consider that ignorance, so be it. Do all your shirts say Izod on them also?:confused:

a Donzi event t-shirt is typically what you will find me in.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to call you out on it, especially when I have good experience with the company you chose to run the bus over.

Ironically, on another thread here about Donzi customer service, you gush about the virtues of Formula... great customer service, product, and company. Formula works very hard to polish this reputation, no different than MYCO. Last time I checked, Formulas weren't available at the price of a Bayliner and are sold at a premium. Sound a little familiar?

Ignorant, nah, maybe just a bit hypocritical and certainly obnoxious.

Cuda
10-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Ironically, on another thread here about Donzi customer service, you gush about the virtues of Formula... great customer service, product, and company. Formula works very hard to polish this reputation, no different than MYCO. Last time I checked, Formulas weren't available at the price of a Bayliner and are sold at a premium. Sound a little familiar?
Ignorant, nah, maybe just a bit hypocritical and certainly obnoxious.

The difference you are obviously ignoring, is the Bayliner cannot be compared in anyway to a Formula, whereas, most any quality trailer CAN be compared to a Myco. I would not compare a Myco to a Magic Tilt. That would be more akin to a Bayliner vs Formula comparison.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but when I express mine, you are the only one who calls it obnoxious.

Cuda
10-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Btw, here are a couple quotes from a freind of mine who bought a brand new Myco steel trailer, who advertises a five year warranty against parts rusting out.

RE: Myco trailers, you really want me to write that down?

Heaven forbid they stand by a 5 yr warranty on a steel trailer!

I really don't blame them.

I just don't think they should advertise that.

need for speed
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I need some popcorn :pretzel:

CHACHI
10-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Careful what you say George, I might just take you up on that. :wink:
I really would like to get another trailer, but Bobi wouldn't understand.....and she scares me. :biggrin.::biggrin.:
If your good, Lanie will make fried grits. That alone is worth the trip.
Ken

VetteLT193
10-15-2007, 07:19 AM
As I see it, buying a Myco is simply peace of mind. You'll know you have the best with little to no problems, without having to research companies and products.

But, if you want value it can be had elsewhere... And, there are plenty of trailer companies that are just as good as Myco that will sell you a trailer for less if you have the time to find them.

need for speed
10-15-2007, 04:06 PM
A few cracking welds.

here we go ...:wink:

need for speed
10-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Probably !!! :)

or probably something to do with it being a welded alum trailer and upstate NY - I 81

gcarter
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I can't say that I've ever seen, or heard of, or read about a bolted aluminum I-beam trailer cracking anywhere............but welds can and do.

roadtrip se
10-15-2007, 05:19 PM
I can't say that I've ever seen, or heard of, or read about a bolted aluminum I-beam trailer cracking anywhere............but welds can and do.

they won't crack, but they certainly will rattle apart. I've seen you guys at rallies checking things over with a socket wrench. Besides, I wasn't really a big fan of erector sets while I was growing up.

My obnoxious opinion is that a welded trailer, done right, is always going to have a better fit than a bolt together trailer. A welded steel or aluminum trailer is also going to have a much cleaner look than a bolt together trailer, which I am willing to pay for.

I'll go back to the fact that I have seen some huge MYCO aluminum trailers under some big name go-fasts, so they do know what they are doing. The issue with Charle's and my trailer was a design flaw, which has been corrected on both of our trailers.

The reality goes right back to the old axiom, you get what you pay for. MP, have you actually priced an Extreme? I did when I was shopping and it was more money than the MYCO.

BUIZILLA
10-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Besides, I wasn't really a big fan of erector sets while I was growing up. are you saying you skipped baseball, and went straight from Barbie & Ken to Blackberry's?? :shark: :shades:

roadtrip se
10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
there is one of us here that wakes up Saturday morning and says,
"Gee, I'm really looking forward to towing my boat and getting some use out of that fine trailer". They all have issues at times.

Don't even get me started on the Roadrunner I used to have... and Farmertex loves his, both of them.

Cuda
10-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Neither have I. I've never had to tighten the bolts on any of them either, but what do I know? I've only been pulling the same one for 19 years.

Cuda
10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
They all have issues at times.

Damned if I have, other than a burned bearing here and there. You must be buying the wrong brand trailers.

roadtrip se
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
a football player from Nebraska a few years back. Brian mastered the art of piling on and receiving credit for a tackle on a play, even though he didn't have much to do with it and the play was long over. Brian made All-American with this tactic. Of course, it was a different story in the NFL, when they called him for a penalty when he tried his trademark manuever.

So Cuda, instead of piling on the long dead play called "Mycos are over-priced junk that fall apart on the side of the road and trade only on their name with crap service", care to take this thread in another slanderous direction?

How about one a little closer to you? You don't seem to buy my Formula analogy. Care to hear a little more on why Formula trades on their name from my point of view? C'mon, let's just slice up every leader in the business while we are at it with the Porters being next. Then next in line, we can take aim at Reggie, which seems to be a favorite target in offshore circles.

By the time we are done, we will have slayed all of the dragons.

Are you game, friend?

chappy
10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Bosworth played for Oklahoma.:tongue:

gcarter
10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
BTW, I'd rather be drinking a cold one while tightening hardware at an event then be out scouring the countryside for a MIG welder ;) ;) ;) :boggled::bonk: :D
Heh heh heh....:wink:
At the worst, all you need is a battery powered drill, a few bits, and nuts and bolts.
But I've never needed even that.

roadtrip se
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Bosworth played for Oklahoma.:tongue:

Whoops. Thanks for the correction, Chappy. At least I got the team colors right. I can still remember the Boz on every play, tearing off his helment and that big grin. Made him a movie star and maybe even a stop on the WWF trail.
15 minutes of fame, and then poof, people got a little tired of the Boz...

BUIZILLA
10-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Bosworth played for Bosworth...

roadtrip se
10-16-2007, 02:59 PM
So, we've gone from trashy trailers to trailer trash??

but at least the trash talk about trashy subjects doesn't cost much,
and it's value is even less...

maybe there will be a laugh in here somewhere...

gloves are on and hefty bag shield ready...

so where is the fish man? let's talk about a few more sacred moos.

Cuda
10-16-2007, 07:02 PM
a football player from Nebraska a few years back. Brian mastered the art of piling on and receiving credit for a tackle on a play, even though he didn't have much to do with it and the play was long over. Brian made All-American with this tactic. Of course, it was a different story in the NFL, when they called him for a penalty when he tried his trademark manuever.
So Cuda, instead of piling on the long dead play called "Mycos are over-priced junk that fall apart on the side of the road and trade only on their name with crap service", care to take this thread in another slanderous direction?
How about one a little closer to you? You don't seem to buy my Formula analogy. Care to hear a little more on why Formula trades on their name from my point of view? C'mon, let's just slice up every leader in the business while we are at it with the Porters being next. Then next in line, we can take aim at Reggie, which seems to be a favorite target in offshore circles.
By the time we are done, we will have slayed all of the dragons.
Are you game, friend?

Dude, I think you need a reality check.

I never said Mycos were pieces of junk, overpriced for sure. I just think a company fixing something that should not have broken in the first place, is not cause for handing out high accolades.

Slanderous?? As an attorney once told me, "The truth is always a valid defense in a slander case".

Where do you see me taking shots at owners of boat builders? I must be typing with an invisible ink, that is only visible to your eyes.

I have never taken a shot at Reggie, although it does seem to be rampant in the offshore circles. You have to respect a man, when he backs it up putting his own hide on the line. I just wouldn't ask him for fashion tips.

Find a bit of truth before you start putting words in my mouth.

I knew you would come galloping in on your Myco White Horse, and slay anyone who pointed out that the emperor had no clothes.

gero1
10-16-2007, 09:31 PM
every one out of the sand box now!

roadtrip se
10-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Cuda, go back and read your comments on this thread and tell me again that you haven't done everything, but insult Bill Tweedy's sister. You certainly have questioned the value of his products and suggested they trade on their name.

As for the boat builder analogy, I have shopped Formula's line and have experiences with it, both the Fastech and SS line, and they are far from perfect. Frankly, some of their products in these boat lines are very long in the tooth and in serious need of an update, so I thought we would use Formula as an example of how absurd your arguement is against MYCO, especially the trading on the name point. But you own an old Formula any way, right?

But I don't think this has much to do with the MYCo or anyone else in the business for that matter, so I think I will take Gero's advice and let you stink up the sand box all by yourself.

Congratulations, you just became the first person here to hit my ignore list function. Please do me a favor and give me the same courtesy, by putting me on yours. Leaving the sand box and wondering why I smell like a dead fish....

Cuda
10-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Cuda, go back and read your comments on this thread and tell me again that you haven't done everything, but insult Bill Tweedy's sister. You certainly have questioned the value of his products and suggested they trade on their name.
As for the boat builder analogy, I have shopped Formula's line and have experiences with it, both the Fastech and SS line, and they are far from perfect. Frankly, some of their products in these boat lines are very long in the tooth and in serious need of an update, so I thought we would use Formula as an example of how absurd your arguement is against MYCO, especially the trading on the name point. But you own an old Formula any way, right?
But I don't think this has much to do with the MYCo or anyone else in the business for that matter, so I think I will take Gero's advice and let you stink up the sand box all by yourself.
Congratulations, you just became the first person here to hit my ignore list function. Please do me a favor and give me the same courtesy, by putting me on yours. Leaving the sand box and wondering why I smell like a dead fish....
First of all, I don't even know who the fck Bill Tweedy is, I'm gathering from YOUR post, he must be the owner of Myco. Once again, you're putting words in my mouth. Please point out the post where I claimed Formulas are perfect. This thread isn't about a boat's perfection, please stay on the subject at hand. This post is about if you pay an absurd amount of money for a product, I would expect it NOT to fail. You are taking the normal route of someone who knows their argument holds no validity, try to change the subject. Btw, if you are going to try to argue, you might want to learn how to spell argument.

I am honored to be the first on you ignore list, although I can't extend the same courtesy to you. I have to keep you on active, so I can stay updated when you come down from the Mount, to inform us mere mortals of the gospel truth on any subject.

mjw930
01-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Well I read this entire thread and just wanted to throw out some numbers so people understand just how much more Myco trailers cost then most of the other trailers on the market.

A custom fitted, welded aluminum trailer for a Donzi 22 Classic is $6750 and I think that's dealer price since I live in an area not serviced by a Myco dealer. If you want painted steel then it's $5720. I don't believe there are any significant options and at these prices I should hope not.

Now, considering I can get a very well made albeit bolted together AL trailer for around $3750 delivered with all the bells and whistles like SS disk brakes, AL rims, radial tires and 4 bunks. I think $7150 (6750 + 400 shipping) is just a tab bit of overkill :doh:

Maybe it's just me.......

BTW, there are a lot of Myco trailers under some very high $$$ boats but there are also a lot of other trailers under these boats that tow just as well and cost roughly half as much. Myco builds a great trailer but they command a premium based on name and reputation that I simply will not pay. I would rather put that extra $3500 into my motor.

roadtrip se
01-07-2008, 04:36 PM
My aluminum was $5K with torsion axles, a spare, and several other extras. A friend picked it up. The trailer is two years old, so maybe the prices have gone up.

I've owned four MYCO trailers and had good luck with their product and their service. If you are shopping price, the value probably isn't going to be there for you.

The few crappy trailers I have owned made me wish I had a MYCO at the time, so when I had an opportunity to put something new under the 22, it was the MYCO.

As they say in the car biz, there's a butt for every seat out there.

mjw930
01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
My aluminum was $5K with torsion axles, a spare, and several other extras. A friend picked it up. The trailer is two years old, so maybe the prices have gone up.

I've owned four MYCO trailers and had good luck with their product and their service. If you are shopping price, the value probably isn't going to be there for you.

The few crappy trailers I have owned made me wish I had a MYCO at the time, so when I had an opportunity to put something new under the 22, it was the MYCO.

As they say in the car biz, there's a butt for every seat out there.

Hey, for $5000 I would seriously consider it. At $7000 it just doesn't add up for a 22' boat.

I do agree that them and Eagle are the standard bearers in the high performance trailer market.

MR MAGOO
01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
..Just bumped into this thread here and thought I'd jump in and talk trailers with you guys.

Over the years I've owned many performance boats all on trailers of some sort. I've had them all, aluminum I-Beam, welded steel, galvi, and a couple Myco's too.

I've found that if you're going to do a lot of towing the Myco is the way to go. They track straight, don't wear out tires and they are built with all top quality components. Also, when it comes time to load the boat on the trailer, since it's a custom fit, loading is a breeze. No backing in and out, hogging the busy ramp to get the boat even on the trailer. They center themselves as you pull out.

When I bought my 38 Top Gun several years ago I did not have the extra $$ for a new Myco and bought a new Magic Trail instead. Yeah, it was less than 1/2 of what a Myco cost but what I saved in $$ just wasn't worth it to me because of the aggravation involved in using the boat. The Magic Trail floated and was extremely difficult to get centered properly. We hated that trailer.

While on my way to the Key West Worlds in November, I called Bill Tweedy and ordered a new welded aluminum Myco triple axle, 16" custom wheels, electric/hyd Kodiak disc brakes etc. It was short notice but they had it all done and ready for my return trip. I could not be happier! Yeah it's a lot of $$ for a trailer but it's a work of art, it fits the boat like a glove. It's a perfect piece.

I'm sold on Myco trailers. They are a pleasure to do business with and deliver a top notch product. Yup they are more money but I truly feel they are worth it.

Kurt

MR MAGOO
01-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Here's a pic of the rig

MR MAGOO
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
To the Top! 'Cause I'm so happy about my new Myco trailer!!!!:cool: