PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Family Again!

Tom A.
10-11-2007, 11:02 AM
I am part of the Donzi family again and I just wanted to say hello to everyone! I just picked up this '03 comp from Sarasota last weekend. Some may recognize it as the factory promo boat Donzi has been running for the past several years. The boat rocks! A special thanks goes out to everyone @ Donzi especially Dave, Josh, Lee, Gene, and Dustin for making it a memorable weekend!
The boat has 575's punched to 620, ITS Xr drives, new carbon fiber dash and canopies. We ran 98mph w/ a full load of fuel, 3 people, 90 degrees, and 80+% humidity!:hyper:

p729lws
10-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Very nice! If I own another Donzi it will be ZRC unless they come out with a model in the 30' range w/ a flat transom. A 30 Classic or 30 ZRC would be cool.

Dan

boxy
10-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Tommy, glad you dropped by .... :D :D

Are you running the bay this weekend?

RickyR
10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Nice boat..
Was this sitting at the factory the weekend of the Donzi Owner's Group?
If so, I did see it, and left some drool on the Stbd windshield. I'm sure it is wiped off by now..
Ricky

Mr X
10-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Ricky,
yup, thats the one....now I dont have to think about it anymore!

Cuda
10-11-2007, 11:53 PM
I think that's the same one that I have a picture of Steve Simon debuting it at the Spring PRA that year. I heard it ran 93 out of the box, hence it had the number 93 on it. If I was in the market for a 38 foot performance boat, there's no doubt the ZR Comp would be my choice, even though I'm not a fan of sit down boats.

Tom A.
10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes that is the factory boat. I am technically the first owner of the boat. I think Gene Weeks had a tear in his eye when I pulled out of the yard. I met just about everyone at Donzi and they are stellar people. The boat will easily break 100. I will have to wait though, being I chewed up a prop last weekend.

By the way, my first Donzi was a 22' Classic......this is a big step from there.:propeller:

Tom A.
10-12-2007, 02:43 PM
I think that's the same one that I have a picture of Steve Simon debuting it at the Spring PRA that year. I heard it ran 93 out of the box, hence it had the number 93 on it. If I was in the market for a 38 foot performance boat, there's no doubt the ZR Comp would be my choice, even though I'm not a fan of sit down boats.

Once you sit down, you'll never stand again!:newzealand:

BigGrizzly
10-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Welcome, is about all I can say without being jealous.